• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Heat Wave!!!!

New posts

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
For those of you up north....let me just say....heat heat & more heat!!!
We are having 80 degree temps today and the same for the next week.....:eek:
I love warm weather...but 80 is a bit much for December! (at least for SC)
I am wearing shorts and a tank right now. (I know I know...I'll be wishing for this in bout a month! :roll:)
 
Ordinarily when anyone complains of heat in December (when I'm warming my tush by the space heater in an effort not to freeze over), I'd say "Quit yer belly-achin'!@@!!!

But I won't, because when I look out the window at the snow and the Christmas wreathes and lights that everyone has decorated with, it feels so holiday wonderful that it makes me happy. I wish you could see it.

Plus, I'll be feeling that heat wave in only a few short weeks anyway. Headin' down South...soon! ;-)
 
Enjoy your weather, lucky you. I'm with Merm and am enjoying the snowy cold outside with the Christmasy lights, but I'll be soooo over it right after New Years -- and we'll still have 3-4 cold months to go. But I'll be sure to get to SoWal at least once (and other warm places a few times, too) to make the cold weather pass more quickly.
 
Ordinarily when anyone complains of heat in December (when I'm warming my tush by the space heater in an effort not to freeze over), I'd say "Quit yer belly-achin'!@@!!!

But I won't, because when I look out the window at the snow and the Christmas wreathes and lights that everyone has decorated with, it feels so holiday wonderful that it makes me happy. I wish you could see it.

Plus, I'll be feeling that heat wave in only a few short weeks anyway. Headin' down South...soon! ;-)

I bet it's beautiful!! When are you heading South?

Yesterday, it was 80 here. Today it's 37. :bang:
 
I hear ya! 80's in December... should be at the BEACH! (sorry Toots)

well, today would be a perfect beach day, and we may do it later on. but gotta go hunt up a big fat gorgeous christmas tree in 80+ degree weather!:roll:

070413-grayton-063.JPG


oh well. may as well enjoy summertime just a little longer...
 
Last edited:
We had a record high yesterday in Memphis, It truly puts a damper on my Christmas shopping mood, to be hot, and humid. :angry:
 
I bet it's beautiful!! When are you heading South?

Yesterday, it was 80 here. Today it's 37. :bang:

Hey DD! We're stopping in Atlanta to see my brother and SIL and my parents will be there, too, so we're getting a two-fer. And as soon as graciously possible we're heading down to the beach, most likely on the 28th. We have tickets to the Seaside REP on the 29th so we can't miss it. Although this year, we're definitely NOT parking on 30-A. The car gods have already had one sacrificial Mer vehicle for this lifetime. :blush:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top