I want to hit the aquatic center as I like to swim but am not very comfortable with getting in the gulf anymore, other than walking along the edge hunting shells.
Thanks, Mermaid. It's interesting that even with heated pools, many people think the heated pools are too cool to swim in in the winter (makes me feel a bit better about being in a community that doesn't have a heated pool). I'll check out the temp of the pool water this weekend. Given how warm it has been, I'm assuming the water will be fine to swim in through october at least.
Are there any public heated pools -- how about that Panama City sports complex? Of course, I can check this out myself when I'm there, but people on this board have so much information that one person couldn't possibly figure out on her own!
For the future, will the sports complex (for kids?) ever be completed? I heard talk about it on this board, and will it have a heated pool?
Thanks, all. The Aquatic Center in PCB looks very good. Rates aren't that outrageous. If I was going to be there 2-3 months in the winter, I'd probably sign up (but won't be doing that for a while). But even a nice day trip in the cooler season seems worth it for a nice break.
Tootsie, I'll bet our pool is still warm so come on by this weekend... I'm hoping to do some swimming. We have the hot tub in the winter, too, and that's sure nice, but when we come down there as a family, it would be nice to hang out in a big pool sometimes... sounds like we'll head out to the Acquatic Center, in PCB and then com eback to the hot tub in the evening.