Re: hellen mccall
memories at Helen McCall Park? I've been there once, and turned around when I saw the empty, mostly neglected baseball field. Did I miss something? Recommendation for the article, drive up to the new Freeport City park being built off the east side of Bay Loop Rd, and compare it to the expansion plans of Helen McCall. How Freeport has enough money to build that very nice park, and Walton Co, doesn't have enough money to build something halfway decent, is beyond my comprehension. I know some people have been working extremely hard to expand the much needed park in SoWal. I hope they continue to do so. After living in towns with good recreational parks, the lack of one around here is very noticeable. We don't need a Frank Brown Park with many baseball fields to draw in hundreds of thousands of people, but we do need something to provide recreation for the locals.