• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Help learning a MAC

New posts

LowProfiling

Beach Lover
Purchased my first Apple Computer. I knew it would it be different, but was not expecting it to bo so different. I have Googled a place to take a few classes around here and have yet to find anything come up. Anyone here teach or know someone who teaches some of the basics. Not interested in playing games, loading music, etc. Need to learn the basics so as to use it for business. Thank you.

It's the little 11" AirBook if it makes a difference.
 
Trust me they're overrated and overpriced now if you have windows 7 and a decent machine.
 
I have attempted to watch some Youtube video’s and various tutorials, but unfortunately my attention span to such things leaves much to be desired therefore I need to find someone or a place I can go that has more of a classroom type setting.
Yes I keep hearing how I will so glad I made the switch. I have been trying to battle against Apple by buying PC’s, Droids, and Xoom’s, and I am at the point where I feel like all I have is a bunch of junk as nothing really works that well, or at least for that long. I look forward to putting it all in a box and making a time capsule in the backyard.
 
Xooms are junk and so are a lot of android phones. There are now some good droid and windows phones and just now the tablets are catching up. Things have really changed in the last year.
 
What is it you are needing help with? Did you buy iWork?

It would be business related. How to cut and paste, start a folder, write a doc and store it in a folder. The other day I was looking for what would be considered "my computer" on a PC and could not find. Not sure what iWork is so I would say no I dont have it. I did buy MS Office for it though.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top