• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Help Me Find

New posts
Please explain how. If the County were to charge a 6 mil ad valorem and a city were to charge a 1 mil ad valorem it still sounds as though taxes went up. My issue is not whether taxes go up. My issue is the same folks I hear everyone complain about are the ones who will finance the politics and it is still amounts to voters making good choices, which could be just as easy to do in the county politics as it is for a city.
I don’t think there is a lot to choose from. There has only been one commissioner in probably the last 16 years that tried to bend the county will somewhat towards the citizenry in the south. The awful truth is we live in a place that is probably 75% absentee owners. Either we just don’t get out and vote or there just ain’t enough of us to matter.
 
People say that SoWal gets nothing.
However, having property in both SoWal and NoWal, I fail to see where NoWal is getting anything either.
There is a VERY nice park on 331 at Bay Grove - that is more Freeport/SoWal than anything north. Other than buying the DeFuniak Country Club, I can't think of anything NoWal has gotten in a very long time.
 
People say that SoWal gets nothing.
However, having property in both SoWal and NoWal, I fail to see where NoWal is getting anything either.
There is a VERY nice park on 331 at Bay Grove - that is more Freeport/SoWal than anything north. Other than buying the DeFuniak Country Club, I can't think of anything NoWal has gotten in a very long time.
I would love to see the revenue from tourism benefit and lift up DeFuniak Springs. Very few small southern towns have the advantage. I suppose the first step would be for city and county leadership to clean house and get competent, professional people in place and then focus on bringing in real jobs. Investing in infrastructure as part of an overall plan to attract clean business.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top