• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Help save our fields at Helen Mccall!!

New posts
I'm glad she works well with someone. That's certainly not the case most of the time!

This is pure BS!!! Commissioner Meadows has never failed to return my phone call or respond to a request or comment. No, I don't always get the answer I want, but I do get an answer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is pure BS!!! Commissioner Meadows has never failed to return my phone call or respond to a request or comment. No, I don't always get the answer I want, but I do get an answer.

No not BS at all!! Just truth from quite a few people that have tried to deal with her.. oh and would you mind telling me if there's any room up her rear where you and Bob Hudson hang out so that maybe others could join and get the" phone calls and response to their requests or comments"!! I did not start this post to have childish nobodies reply with their smart remarks and otherwise useless waste of words. If you would like to help the cause then please do if not BUTT OUT! This is for the children not for someone with nothing else to do but stir the pot!! THANKS!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So if we don't do the tennis courts then the additional fields that the county is taking a loan out for are unnecessary?

With that last post you haven't exactly inspired the community to jump and support your cause.
 
I have been in SOWAL for over 30 years and I seem to remember that Cecilia Jones last name was bishop and she taught school when my kids went to bay. I do not agree always with Ms. Meadows but like Mr. Hudson she has always responded to public questions and she seems to be the only one on the BCC who asks detailed questions and explains her position to the public during meetings, although Imfeld is getting better also. So even though I am at odds with her on some things, I appreciate her candor. Ashley, I imagine you are somehow related to cecilia and therefore feel the need to attack meadows. I'm so tired of these petty politics... 4 years of this will lead us nowhere.

I tried to quote ashley, but I haven't got this thing figured out yet.:roll:
 
Last edited:
I have been in SOWAL for over 30 years and I seem to remember that Cecilia Jones last name was bishop and she taught school when my kids went to bay. I do not agree always with Ms. Meadows but like Mr. Hudson she has always responded to public questions and she seems to be the only one on the BCC who asks detailed questions and explains her position to the public during meetings, although Imfeld is getting better also. So even though I am at odds with her on some things, I appreciate her candor. Ashley, I imagine you are somehow related to cecilia and therefore feel the need to attack meadows. I'm so tired of these petty politics... 4 years of this will lead us nowhere. I tried to quote ashley, but I haven't got this thing figured out yet.:roll:

Did a pretty good job of attacking me as well.

My experience in working with Cindy is exactly as I described earlier which seemed to strike a raw nerve. Just my experience.

LOL
 
Last edited:
Wow Ashley, you don't really seem to understand the process of winning friends and influencing people.

This is a public message board. All are allowed to speak within the rules of the site. Even people that might not agree with you. Being nasty about things will cause people who agree with you to bail.
 
Wow Ashley, you don't really seem to understand the process of winning friends and influencing people.

This is a public message board. All are allowed to speak within the rules of the site. Even people that might not agree with you. Being nasty about things will cause people who agree with you to bail.

You are absolutely correct and i sincerely apologize for letting some strike a nerve. I did not post on here to start a typing war or play politics. I frankly do not care about any of the trash talking and back biting that goes along with it which is why I have never posted on here before.

It doesn't matter who I am or am not related to. I posted using my real name because I am my own person with my own views and beliefs and I really thought i could reach out and recieve help from someone here, not to play games and trash talk behind a screen name. I honestly just need help with this cause.

I have absolutely nothing against commissioner meadows other than the fact that in the past my efforts to reach her on issues have not been responded to. If I have offended anyone, again I apologize, I am just very passionate about this cause and feel that it's falling on deaf ears. I do not want this to continue to be drawn out into something negative. That will benefit noone. Certainly not the children I am trying to help.

This is the problem with our county now. Everyone has to take sides. Why can't we just work together on something that is important instead of beating each other up over who you're friends with/related to or voted for. I understand not everyone is going to agree 100% of the time.

But I also understand that not everyone's experiences are the same which is why I let Andy A strike that nerve when he called BS. This will be my last post on this forum as I have learned my lesson the hard way about public forums in Walton county. However I am still in need of help so if anyone would like to help please come by Helen McCall or contact our county commissioner please. Thankyou.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley, I wholeheartedly support your effort in trying to save the fields for the kids. If you can provide some more information about the project, I'd be happy to send a letter to the BCC encouraging them to protect the fields. From what I can understand from previous articles, the tennis courts were in the plan for McCall because new fields will be created when the county builds the new park (using the $10 million line of credit)? Is that right? If so, I think they should hold off on the courts until the new place is built. I just need some more details.
 
The truth about Helen mcCall.

This is pure BS!!! Commissioner Meadows has never failed to return my phone call or respond to a request or comment. No, I don't always get the answer I want, but I do get an answer.

No not BS at all!! Just truth from quite a few people that have tried to deal with her.. oh and would you mind telling me if there's any room up her rear where you and Bob Hudson hang out so that maybe others could join and get the" phone calls and response to their requests or comments"!! I did not start this post to have childish nobodies reply with their smart remarks and otherwise useless waste of words. If you would like to help the cause then please do if not BUTT OUT! This is for the children not for someone with nothing else to do but stir the pot!! THANKS!!

Ashley,
Please call the county planning Dept and get a copy of the past proposals for Helen McCall park. If you do that, you will see that another pratice field was proposed for the very reason that there were not enough fields to pratice on. When Commissioner Jones was the district 5 representative, she changed the plan to splash pads and spent 250k on it. She then paid her aide extra money to help with the project. So Ashley if you are mad about no pratice fields and your children are upset, they have their grandmother to thank for that. She publicly stated how much her grandkids loved the splash pads. Perspective changes apparently when you grow out of something and need something else. Mrs. Jones was told many times by the parents that practice fields were needed much more than splash pads, but it fell on deaf ears.:boxing:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No not BS at all!! Just truth from quite a few people that have tried to deal with her.. oh and would you mind telling me if there's any room up her rear where you and Bob Hudson hang out so that maybe others could join and get the" phone calls and response to their requests or comments"!! I did not start this post to have childish nobodies reply with their smart remarks and otherwise useless waste of words. If you would like to help the cause then please do if not BUTT OUT! This is for the children not for someone with nothing else to do but stir the pot!! THANKS!!

Let me begin by stating my personal position. The tennis courts should not be built until other practice fields are available at the new recreation site. Those wanting to play tennis can rent courts at the Santa Rosa Golf Club. They are seldom used and availability is good. That said, a word or two about Ashley's comments. I don't cotton well to blanket statements about any of our elected officials, particularly when, for me they are wrong. I seek out information from all our Commissioners when I deem it necessary and am not one to kiss anyone's behind or be up it, either. I feel I have earned the right to ask, suggest or berate any elected official we may have and do so often. I hope I've made myself clear and as far as this board is concerned, it is for opinions and information by all and all are free to comment as to their individual position. At least this is what I've observed. If this assessment is wrong, please tell me. I'm big enough to take it!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top