• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Help with Air Conditioner Problems

New posts

Seaquell.net

Beach Comber
Hi rental owners...I have a single-family rental with a 4 year old A/C that is giving my tenant some trouble. The tenant says it doesn't cool. We've had a handyman out there to look and changed the thermostat, but the tenant says it still doesn't cool. I'm looking for a reputable A/C servicer. Any ideas?
 
Call Scott Gallagher 2673865, Local Company, great service.
 
I can tell you who NOT to call. Do NOT use Woodlawn Mechanical Contractors. My central unit went out about 6 months ago and we called them, they said they had a great deal on a unit that was put in somewhere and never used because it wound up being too small and indeed, it did look brand new, but it has never worked right since they installed it and now it doesn't work at all and they basically told me after coming back about 3 times to get it running that I was on my own. Now I am stuck with a unit that doesn't work and am out the money I paid for it and cannot afford another one right now.
 
Is this a long-term tenant or a weekly rental? It has been very cool the past couple of days, and if they have tried to use the A/C during this time, it is not surprising that it would not work very well. If this is a longer-term issue then ignore my post. :D
 
Peaden. Panama City. They are knowledgeable and won't guess, won't get it wrong, and won't need to make further visits because they'll get it right the first time.
 
I know there is a reset button on my A/C outside unit. If someone leaves the doors open consistently and has the system running, sometimes it freezes up and has to be reset. Given that it has been cool out, it could be another problem, but occasionally, when that has happened, resetting the system has cured the problem. My system is older than yours. If you have a reset, try that first and perhaps you could save money on a house visit for a technician to do it.
 
a/c

I've used Peaden in the past and they have been very good. Angel Air in SRB have also been helpful.

276-0478
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top