• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Here's a possible bright side.....

New posts
WaltonUndercurrent said:
Spoke with a neighbor of ours, Michael, about thirty minutes ago. He's 21, delivers food by bicycle for the Verti Mart, a small deli in the French Quarter. He has no car, rents a small apartment and has no way to leave. He's been in line to get into the Super Dome for over three hours - part of the time in the dark and most of the time is a small drizzle to pouring rain with no cover.
Tell him that he can stay with me for a while in SoWal if he wants or needs to.
 
I still want to encourage everyone to put some of this real estate money to a good cause - the Red Cross. If you give, let us know so it will encourage more to do so. And thanks, Joe. If he can get out, I'll keep it in mind.
 
WaltonUndercurrent said:
... And thanks, Joe. If he can get out, I'll keep it in mind.

Just let me know. I have a bicycle that he can use to scoot around here, too. Let him know that I have two big dogs in the house.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Just let me know. I have a bicycle that he can use to scoot around here, too. Let him know that I have two big dogs in the house.

That's kind of you Joe. He will probably need a place to stay after Katrina is well past. Seeing these people stuck in NO with no transportation made me want to drive in with a semi and just load as many people as possible and start driving north. :( How frightening to be stranded there with no assurance of anything.
 
And it's the massiveness of it all. Ivan was horrible, but taking that misery and its multipliers is heartbreaking for me. Here, it seems we've all been so caught up in real estate and appreciation and old vine reds that we're close to losing our souls (I'm counting myself too). Here's a chance to get them back and show why living on the coast isn't just about great views and days in the sand, but about people sticking together - just as much as New York.
 
BeachDreamer said:
That's kind of you Joe. He will probably need a place to stay after Katrina is well past. Seeing these people stuck in NO with no transportation made me want to drive in with a semi and just load as many people as possible and start driving north. :( How frightening to be stranded there with no assurance of anything.

I am good for housing a few guests in need for 2-3 months if that is enough to help them get back on their feet.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I am good for housing a few guests in need for 2-3 months if that is enough to help them get back on their feet.

You are a sweet, kind man SJ!!! I am so looking forward to meeting you in person some day!!!!
 
Smiling JOe said:
I am good for housing a few guests in need for 2-3 months if that is enough to help them get back on their feet.


SJ-

Its getting real bad here in Montgomery. I may have to come down and stay for a couple months okay?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top