• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Here's a possible bright side.....

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
Only, if you are truely in need, and take me fishing when you go.:lol:

Well y'all are gonna need all the cleanup help you can get. I'll help out and we'll go fishing.
 
Bright sides?
I've been reading this board for a few years now. Ivan really brought this community together, and then I watched as each subsequent storm made us stronger, individually and collectively. If you go through enough of your worst fears, and live to tell, the blessing is that life just seems a bit easier going forward. Some folks who might have come down as investors only are finding that somewhere along the line, SoWal got into their blood, and that now they are part of a powerful place with real heart and soul. Without this board some of us may never have been able to feel the stength of this community, and without that it might have been too much to try hang through these crazy times alone. Thanks to all of you who donate so much time and energy to keep us all connected.
 
katie blue said:
Bright sides?
I've been reading this board for a few years now. Ivan really brought this community together, and then I watched as each subsequent storm made us stronger, individually and collectively. If you go through enough of your worst fears, and live to tell, the blessing is that life just seems a bit easier going forward. Some folks who might have come down as investors only are finding that somewhere along the line, SoWal got into their blood, and that now they are part of a powerful place with real heart and soul. Without this board some of us may never have been able to feel the stength of this community, and without that it might have been too much to try hang through these crazy times alone. Thanks to all of you who donate so much time and energy to keep us all connected.


:bow: Thanks to Kurt and Graytonbeach.com and SoWal.com and all the people who post, lurk, and are making this community come alive.
 
Rita said:
:bow: Thanks to Kurt and Graytonbeach.com and SoWal.com and all the people who post, lurk, and are making this community come alive.

Yourself included!!!!
 
Smiling JOe said:
Back on target, the phone number to donate to the RED CROSS, is 1-800-HELP NOW. The web address to donate online is www.redcross.org

I watched a red cross volunteer being rudely declined in his request for help from the WalMart in Montgomery yesterday. He was wearing Red Cross garb and was very professional when he asked the manager if she could donate some WalMart grocery sacks for the stuff they'll be handing out when they get to the disaster area. I'll remember that. Hope you do too. I don't know if they are providing any other aid but that one woman's actions just did it for me..
 
Landlocked said:
I watched a red cross volunteer being rudely declined in his request for help from the WalMart in Montgomery yesterday. He was wearing Red Cross garb and was very professional when he asked the manager if she could donate some WalMart grocery sacks for the stuff they'll be handing out when they get to the disaster area. I'll remember that. Hope you do too. I don't know if they are providing any other aid but that one woman's actions just did it for me..

Remember...don't kill the messenger! I bet she was following co. policy. Personally, I do not need anymore reasons not to shop at Walmart...TARGET RULES!
 
Sueshore said:
Remember...don't kill the messenger! I bet she was following co. policy. Personally, I do not need anymore reasons not to shop at Walmart...TARGET RULES!

If this lady's behavior was company policy, the messenger should be killed...
 
Landlocked said:
I watched a red cross volunteer being rudely declined in his request for help from the WalMart in Montgomery yesterday. He was wearing Red Cross garb and was very professional when he asked the manager if she could donate some WalMart grocery sacks for the stuff they'll be handing out when they get to the disaster area. I'll remember that. Hope you do too. I don't know if they are providing any other aid but that one woman's actions just did it for me..
Now that just toasts my *ss. (I used to be a disaster worker for the ARC, I cannot do it anymore because of health reasons, if not for them I am sure I would be loading up to go.) When I worked in assitance centers. I would estimate at least 5 of every 10 DO's, the Red Cross version of purchase orders for individuals affected by the disaster, were written to Wal-Mart. Nice move Wal-Mart. If you are able, please volunteer in your location the Red Cross will train you for disaster services and there are other opportunities than shelter management if that does not appeal to you.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top