• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hey JDarg! Dont forget tommorow....

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
starts the sale of.....
05ilovecookies.jpg




you know what that means.........:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: LOTS OF PM'S COMING OUR WAY!!!!!!;-) :clap_1:
 
just pm's?! post it on the board! i want some...i will mail a check! i will just have to hide them from fff! ;-) (maybe he won't read this)
 
we are not supposed to blatenly advertise on the internet.....:roll: as in here is our contact info, etc etc. I figure if some one wants to pm us info it is ok.....this is what is on the Girl Scouts web site regarding internet sales....So... read and let me know how you interpret this......most of you who order are friends not strangers and little ibd knows most of the code names anyway....

: Why can't Girl Scout Cookies be sold on the Internet?

A: Our existing National Girl Scout policy prohibits the sale of Girl Scout cookies or any other Girl Scout approved product on the Internet. The safety of our girls is always our chief concern. Even in supervised settings it is not possible to guarantee that the person purchasing Girl Scout Cookies harbors no harmful intent. Girl Scout Cookie Activities are designed to be face-to-face learning experiences for girls. In an online setting, there is no guarantee that the seller is indeed a girl member of Girl Scouts. We have many ways for girls to explore and experience the benefits of science and technology and the Internet, including our Girls Go Tech initiative.
 
Last edited:
we are not supposed to blatenly advertise on the internet.....:roll: as in here is our contact info, etc etc. I figure if some one wants to pm us info it is ok.....

alrighty then...can you let us know which little sowallers are selling them? if that is advertising how 'bout just letting us know which 'lil sowaller is in the girl scouts. i luuuuuuved the brownies and girl scouts....my mom still has my brownie uniform, and beannie! it looks so small!:blink:
 
as far as i know on this board..

Little IBD
Kate (Jdarg's)
Chickpeas daughter

Sorry if there is someone else that I dont know about....
 
i don't think internet referrals from parents to parents would go against the GS rules too badly. the kicker is the part about face to face learning experience for the girls. parents have been selling cookies in the workplace for years. it's kind of hard for the girls to reach their per capita quota from within the neighborhood.
 
i don't think internet referrals from parents to parents would go against the GS rules too badly. the kicker is the part about face to face learning experience for the girls. parents have been selling cookies in the workplace for years. it's kind of hard for the girls to reach their per capita quota from within the neighborhood.


You are right about the workplace sales. I don't think I have ever bought cookies from Girls Scouts, just from parents at the office, usually the order form set up near the coffee pot (of course I spent a lot of time there:eek: ). Anyway....I would buy from them in front of groceries, etc.
 
just pm's?! post it on the board! i want some...i will mail a check! i will just have to hide them from fff! ;-) (maybe he won't read this)

I will try to distract him with more fun talk about taxes and insurance. :rolling:

Your little ones must be Brownies, right? I didn't know Brownies could sell the cookies. I thought you had to be a Girl Scout (7 and up?). Maybe my memory is faulty. My Girl Scout across the street just turned 8. Her sweet older brother took her around the neighborhood. :wub: She definitely was getting the face to face experience, which is good because she's kind of shy. Some girls can only handle so much of that, so I can't imagine there would be problems with selling the cookies via PMs among friends ...
 
I will try to distract him with more fun talk about taxes and insurance. :rolling[/B]:

Your little ones must be Brownies, right? I didn't know Brownies could sell the cookies. I thought you had to be a Girl Scout (7 and up?). Maybe my memory is faulty. My Girl Scout across the street just turned 8. Her sweet older brother took her around the neighborhood. :wub: She definitely was getting the face to face experience, which is good because she's kind of shy. Some girls can only handle so much of that, so I can't imagine there would be problems with selling the cookies via PMs among friends ...


he is easily distracted!:biggrin: i say he has add...taxes, i can tell you about taxes....oh look a chicken.....(fff trying to have a conversation)

check it

will the troop be selling at an ting anywhere?

WT:shock: :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top