• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

High Pointe Resort

New posts

GaDawg

Beach Comber
Could someone fill me in on High Pointe Resort ? For the life of me,I don't understand the current thinking of the owners that have their units for sale in this complex. Owners have the right to list their property at whatever price they desire and accept any price they want. We have done alot of research on the market and on this complex over the last 4 to 5 years.Currently,the listed prices are way off base compared to todays market conditions and compared to the comps for this complex(which date back 18 months). We have made several offers at fair prices and cannot get anyone to get realistic with counter offers . They feel that their units are still worth the prices that some units sold for in 2005 and 2006.We would love to purchase in this complex,but will not pay more than market conditions.
If anyone knows the inside scoop,please fill me in.......... :confused:
 
High Pointe is an awesome complex. Very well built, gulf front, awesome pool, beach and pool side restaurant / bar, clay tennis courts huge amount of beach front. The board stays on top of all maintenance and is constantly making improvements. Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like people love their condos more than you want to own there. The market is working for HP. Market value isn't only what someone is willing to pay, it's also what someone is willing to sell for.

Note: I hope no one takes offense to this post but its early and my smoothness isn't really working yet :blush:
 
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone bought at the height of the frenzy. There we quite a few people here who bought well before prices skyrocketed and can afford to sit, or ask for whatever price they see fit, regardless of what others think of "current conditions" and what the sale price should be.
 
Or in other words, you're dealing with sellers that aren't serious about selling. Guess the best thing to do is make sure your realtor keeps a sharp eye for new properties on the market from that complex so that when you do get a 'real' seller, you're good to go.
 
RiverOtter and Just In Thyme your comments are exactly right. High Pointe is a great complex and alot of people did buy early on, but everyone is not in that boat. You have gulf front units selling for under 700,000 and even one that sold for 500,000. And in turn you have some sellers asking 720,000 for poolside/ground floor units. That's my point! In this market today you cannot pay more for a poolside unit than a gulf front unit. The two comps for ground floor units sold in the 400,000's. All of this info can be verified on the walton county pa page. I will continue to watch the market and for the ones of you that bought early or do not have to sell, great for you. You are in a good position. The search continues.
 
Ga Dawg, what kind of 'fair' offers are you making, if you don't mind saying? 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom? Gulf front or poolside? It seems you love the complex (watching 4-5 years) and want to buy in but apparently aren't offering enough to get someone else to give up something they enjoy. It may be a fair offer but not enough to induce someone to sell. As someone said, if buyer and seller don't agree, then you have not established the 'market', at least not for that property.

The sellers may be serious about selling, but selling at what their property is worth to them, not what someone down the road in another location says the 'market' is.

I am an owner, not selling, and agree with everything River Otter said. Most properties on that strip of 30A on the ocean side are single family homes and that makes our complex pretty unique with the amenities we have. There are some newer places with similar things across 30A but who wants to walk (or be shuttled) across the road. :)

I believe there was one poolside ground floor unit that sold at an auction in the last year for something like 495k (someone please correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I saw that).

Edit: Unit 133 is, I believe the auctioned property and sold for 434500 in Oct 2006.

I was actually looking at realtor.com last week and the lowest HP unit I saw was 695k, 3rd floor poolside 2BR. Previously there had been a 2BR 1st floor poolside for 649k I think, but I have not seen anything lower than that except the auction. I don't know what may have closed in the last 12 months.

We thought VERY VERY (let me emphasize 'VERY') briefly of possibly selling at the peak a couple years ago. We are an original owner and decided we would rather have our condo than sell. We use it a lot, we take friends there, and it's cash flow positive. There is probably a number that would get me to sell but I don't know what it is.
 
Last edited:
Ga Dawg, what kind of 'fair' offers are you making, if you don't mind saying? 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom? Gulf front or poolside? It seems you love the complex (watching 4-5 years) and want to buy in but apparently aren't offering enough to get someone else to give up something they enjoy. It may be a fair offer but not enough to induce someone to sell. As someone said, if buyer and seller don't agree, then you have not established the 'market', at least not for that property.

The sellers may be serious about selling, but selling at what their property is worth to them, not what someone down the road in another location says the 'market' is.

I am an owner, not selling, and agree with everything River Otter said. Most properties on that strip of 30A on the ocean side are single family homes and that makes our complex pretty unique with the amenities we have. There are some newer places with similar things across 30A but who wants to walk (or be shuttled) across the road. :)

I believe there was one poolside ground floor unit that sold at an auction in the last year for something like 495k (someone please correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I saw that).

Edit: Unit 133 is, I believe the auctioned property and sold for 434500 in Oct 2006.

I was actually looking at realtor.com last week and the lowest HP unit I saw was 695k, 3rd floor poolside 2BR. Previously there had been a 2BR 1st floor poolside for 649k I think, but I have not seen anything lower than that except the auction. I don't know what may have closed in the last 12 months.

We thought VERY VERY (let me emphasize 'VERY') briefly of possibly selling at the peak a couple years ago. We are an original owner and decided we would rather have our condo than sell. We use it a lot, we take friends there, and it's cash flow positive. There is probably a number that would get me to sell but I don't know what it is.


Ok.... that is what I meant to say this morning :biggrin:
 
Here is what I see for recent sales at waltonpa.com :

10/06 - #133 434500 - 2br ground floor poolside
5/07 - #46W - 1.2 mil - 3 br 4th floor gulf
8/07 - #233 - 739k - 2BR 3rd floor poolside
9/07 - #32W - 700k - 2br 3rd floor gulf
9/07 - #13W - 689k - 2br 1st floor gulf
9/07 - #13E - 500k - 2br - 1st floor gulf

So I only see one sale in the 400's and I think it was an auction. I am pretty sure I have been in 13W (a friend rented it) and it was kind of mess inside - dirty stained worn carpet, older furnishings, etc. I was surprised they (edit: 'They' being Resort Quest) rented it in that condition if it's the one I am thinking about. Possibly influenced the sale price if it was kind of an 'as is' deal.

#13E for 500k looks like an aberration to me, maybe not arms length, who knows? Anyone, anyone? Beuller?

The unit I saw listed at 695k was a 3rd floor poolside. People may value that view more than a ground floor gulf unit.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top