Chickpea
Beach Fanatic
OK - I am going to share a statistic I heard recently that was terribly alarming to me - I have no idea if this is true and I would imagine this can be checked quite easily but since this is the forum to come to when you need answers....
Some friends of mine are looking into starting a new highschool (this will be a hybrid of home-schooling, virtual school and regular teaching (more on this later - it sounds very promising) - but in their presentation they mentioned that only five (5%) - yes - 5% of high school students here (I do not recall if this was for NW Florida or Walton and Bay and Okaloosa combined) go on to college!!!!
Can this possibly be true?????
Having very young kids I have done so little research past Elementary School and I realize I need to get more involved but those of you who know anything please share....
Many thanks
Some friends of mine are looking into starting a new highschool (this will be a hybrid of home-schooling, virtual school and regular teaching (more on this later - it sounds very promising) - but in their presentation they mentioned that only five (5%) - yes - 5% of high school students here (I do not recall if this was for NW Florida or Walton and Bay and Okaloosa combined) go on to college!!!!
Can this possibly be true?????
Having very young kids I have done so little research past Elementary School and I realize I need to get more involved but those of you who know anything please share....
Many thanks


