• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hillary On Dave Last Night

New posts
The insurance reforms that she pushed during the Clinton administration are programs that should have been pursued rather than treated with disregard as they most certainly were.
 
I'll decide whether to vote for her when she steps up and is more clear on her policies. She seems to run from campaign adversity because she's the front-runner. I suspect she does not want to lose the left of center base. Does anyone smell something fish-like over the power struggle concerning Florida's Jan 15 primary date????
 
I'm sure she would have more morals and ethics than that. :nono1: Equal pay for equal work is one of the programs I support of hers.:D :idontno:
Honey, they are professional politicians and if you think they have morals, well, I have a bridge to Africa to sell you. I think most candidates support equal pay for work if you are referring to sex. Now if equal pay for business owners and employees it the program, well that just doesn't make sense.

I am trying to understand what you guys think makes Hillary a unique candidate (policy-wise).
 
Why do women seem to hate her so much? I don't understand why women don't step up to the plate and support one of their own, with all the talk about needing a woman to run the country. What is wrong with Hillary? Is it the jealousy thing that always seems to pop up when a strong woman excels? You know, when women say they admire a strong woman but call her a Bee I Tee See H behind her back?

I hope I don't offend any SoWal ladies but I honestly would like to know if there is a reason women don't like her. Is it her personality, or something specific she's done? If the former keeps her from the White House then maybe we're not ready for a female president. If the latter, spill.

Part of it is personality. She's a cuddly as a cactus, she's a charming as an eel... If I had to pick a female president right now, I'd fight to the death for Condi just on the Likability factor.

I also don't like Hillary because I've always thought she was full of hot air. She talks and talks about how things should be done, but hasn't done much with her ideas but talk about them. You have a picture of her with Diana, who didn't just talk about children with AIDS or the problems with landmines; she went and did something about it herself. Laura Bush has used her position to work against illiteracy rather than just saying that someone should do something about it. (In all my grad school classes, teachers are cussing "No Child Left Behind," but they rave about Laura's Teach for America program, even with the kinks that are still in it.) Nancy Reagan was the one telling us to "just say no," and she jumped in herself rather than "just saying." Even Tipper Gore got in there and fought hard for what she thought was right. Hillary's White House Biography talks more about how she "advocates" health care reform, but I just remember that it was a big fat mess. I never got the feeling that she was willing to get her hands dirty. I want a little less conversation, a little more action, please.

I've already said more than I want to say about "politricks" for the rest of the year, but I'll put this up and y'all can throw darts at it if you want:

Daddy-O, you're asking about feminism. I think that's why I compared her to Condi. To me, Hillary has always been a power-hungry man in a pantsuit. Condi is a high-heel & skirt wearing, Beethoven-playing woman. If you're going to put a woman in the White House, put a woman in the White House. Feminism isn't about burning bras; it's about a woman being able to accomplish the same goals as a woman. I admire all the other women I mentioned because they seem to embrace being feminine while being strong; Hillary seems to be a house divided against herself in that respect, and because of that I do not trust her leadership.
 
I'll take the 8 years the Clinton's ran the show over GW's tenure. That's a sad commentary on GW.
 
I'll take the 8 years the Clinton's ran the show over GW's tenure. That's a sad commentary on GW.
Yes, it is sad, but personally, I think 8 years in the White House is more than plenty of time to get your crap passed, no matter if you are a Bush or a Clinton. Career politicians scare the living hell out of me. Four more years of either family being in there would be more like a Monarchy, than a Republic.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it is sad, but personally, I think 8 years in the White House is more than plenty to get you crap passed, no matter if you are a Bush or a Clinton. Career politicians scare the living hell out of me. Four more years of either family being in there would be more like a Monarchy, than a Republic.

Darned good point.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top