• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hogs near Publix

New posts

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Driving from where I live in Seagrove toward Seaside, I never expected to see what I did last night. Arriving at the stop light between Seagrove and Seaside, I turned north to head toward Publix and immediately I saw two fairly healthy sized Hogs patrolling the side of the road.

I've heard of hogs being in this area, but have to say that I was surprised to see them where I did. They were basically across from the Market Cafe. About a month ago I saw a coyote on the same road, but more toward higway 98. Just thought I'd mention it, as I know we have many nature lovers here along 30a. I think this may have scared anyone walking the bike path in the area if they'd come across it :leaving:
 
WOW! Never seen them south of 98. Once we were having a little picinic at Eden Gardens and we heard the most God awful squeeling noises not too far to the east of us. Scared Lil' FFF so bad we packed up and left! Ok, she was much smaller then, but she still remembers it to this day.
 
I remember Hogs and wild Boar eating out of the dog dish outside the house where we lived in Grayton. The hogs were branded, and belonged to people who just let them run. I haven't seen any hogs in quite a while, somebody said they had been randomly slaughtered and left on the side of the road. I have seen 2 or 3 dead boar in the past couple of years.
 
Even though I'm "fairly healthy".....it wasn't I that was seen.....:D
 
Those feral hogs are a pain in the butt ;-) for forestry. They eat longleaf pine seedlings, among other things.
 
Doesnt surprise me. A guy i work with reported having to stop on 30A near the Y at Resort Quest to let a mom and several small ones cross the road. They are probably being run from the habitat they they mainly stayed in (WaterSound North) due to construction.
 
You sure what you saw wasn't PHEADS dates stumbling over to his fhratty party?


:wave:

:wave:




35cb7382.gif
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top