• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Homes and Land

New posts

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Just curious what local realtors think of Homes and Land. I'm wondering what their coverage is, do they list everything in the MLS or only select properties they receive fees for?
 
You buy a half page/full page and you can put the listings that you want. It's a good publication. I just don't use much print because I don't think it works well. It's better for brand recognition than selling a house in my opinion.
 
There is a Homes and Land for Panama City and then one that is for the Emerald Coast (sowal, destin, ft walton). You can advertise whatever in each of the publications but they are only distributed in thier area.

I have advertised in both, I received more traffic from the PC publication.
 
By a show of hands, how many people know someone who bought a house they first discovered in Homes and Land or The Real Estate Book? I bet it would be something like 1-2%. They do look shiny, and people used to pick them up when they came on vacation, but they stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Most people look online, where it is easy enough to also learn much more about the property (INCLUDING PRICE, which some agents don't advertise in the magazines), including location, without having to pick up a phone and talk to an agent. I find that most people like to browse listings on their own, online, until they are very serious about purchasing. Then, they contact a Realtor.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top