• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hot Dawgs

New posts

butterbean

Beach Fanatic
:clap:Greg Smith of original Salty Dawg, 98 BBQ, and Fun in the Bun has opened a weiner stand at the shopping center that Jambone and the Post Office is in. He's got a chili dog with sweet Cincinnati chili on a sturdy potato bun for $2.50, with chips and drinks as sides. Itys a little place with seating for about 12 and take out. Its a good dog. Very good. Priced right. I,m going again today . And the name? HOT DAWG!:funn:
 
I'm a hot dog snob. Will refuse most dogs around the country but when I find a good one I'm a patron for life. Any idea what kind of hot dogs he serves (the brand)? And how are they dressed?
 
He's got a chili dog with sweet Cincinnati chili


"sweet" as in sweet in flavor, or as in wonderful? cincinnati chili is NEVER sweet, but is SWEET! :biggrin:
 
I'm a fan of the hot dogs popular among Birmingham's hot dog joints (usually a skinless pork weiner with onions, kraut, mustard and each retaurant's unique sauce on a bun - that's called a "regular," and if you add hot ground beef on top of all of that, it's called a "special"). That being said, I love Flip Flop's House Chili Dog and now I want to try this Hot Dawgs place with the Cincy chili next time I'm in town.

If you're ever passing through the Birmingham area at lunch time and see a Sneaky Pete's or Gus's Hot Dogs, you can try a franchised variety of what I decribed above, just don't order it with "mustard and ketchup" because then it's just a regular hot dog and you can stop at a convenience store or truck stop for that.
 
back to the Dawg yesterday for another fine chili dog and a YooHoo. Thats a goood lunch, and easy on the pocketbook!
 
i remember back in the day at FSU a vendor on campus used beer to boil his hot dogs-YUM. even some of the vegetarians would sneak a hot dog.
 
I'm a fan of the hot dogs popular among Birmingham's hot dog joints (usually a skinless pork weiner with onions, kraut, mustard and each retaurant's unique sauce on a bun - that's called a "regular," and if you add hot ground beef on top of all of that, it's called a "special"). That being said, I love Flip Flop's House Chili Dog and now I want to try this Hot Dawgs place with the Cincy chili next time I'm in town.

If you're ever passing through the Birmingham area at lunch time and see a Sneaky Pete's or Gus's Hot Dogs, you can try a franchised variety of what I decribed above, just don't order it with "mustard and ketchup" because then it's just a regular hot dog and you can stop at a convenience store or truck stop for that.
If you come to B'ham...Pete's Famous is a must! Same location for close to 100 years! The Best!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top