• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

housing prices

New posts
Donna said:
Paula, your cottages are very close to one of the best donut places around and their prices are extremely reasonable, too. Do you know about The Donut Hole, which is on Highway 98, just south of where it intersects with 30A? It's not much to look at, in fact, looks like a gingerbreaded double-wide. But they do a Southern breakfast that is great, also offer nice lunches and a full bakery. My husband loves to go there. I do not recommend the restrooms, however. :shock:

You are correct about the donut hole being good, but I like to go for the Cheeseburgers. :D

One correction on location. The Donut Hole, which is on Highway 98, just west of where 98 intersects with the west end of 30-A. ;-)
 
I've been to the Donut Hole and it is very good. But SJ is correct that it's on the other end of 30A from us, probably about 13 - 15 miles away. But Thomas's is only about 7 - 9 miles away. We just haven't ventured toward Destin since I started flying into PC rather than Fort Walton. But we're flying into Fort Walton this next trip and we'll stop at the 331 for dinner on the way to Seacrest and you've just inspired me to have us stop at the Donut Hole for donuts on the way to the Fort Walton airport on the way back. Thanks, life is good...
 
I'd stay out of the PCB market for the next couple of years. There's just such a huge number of units that are going to come online in that time frame that I see about 85% odds that prices there are going to drop really significantly during that time.
 
beachmouse said:
I'd stay out of the PCB market for the next couple of years. There's just such a huge number of units that are going to come online in that time frame that I see about 85% odds that prices there are going to drop really significantly during that time.

Truer words have never been spoken. I expect we'll be reading about PCB's condo conundrum in the Wall Street Journal before long.
 
beachmouse said:
I'd stay out of the PCB market for the next couple of years. There's just such a huge number of units that are going to come online in that time frame that I see about 85% odds that prices there are going to drop really significantly during that time.
Your guess may be on target. One scenerio that could change things is if a major hurricane hits PCB and illiminates all of the mobile homes and older run-down homes south of 98. If that happens, PCB could become the next boom.
 
beachmouse said:
I'd stay out of the PCB market for the next couple of years. There's just such a huge number of units that are going to come online in that time frame that I see about 85% odds that prices there are going to drop really significantly during that time.
Possibly true for the CONDO market, but I think Carillion (spell check please) is a great beach community and priced fairly. They seem somewhat separate from the heart of the cruising beach in PCB in MO.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top