• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How did Blue Mountain Beach fair during Arlene?

New posts

alic65

Beach Lover
We are coming down Sat. (June 18)....i sure kept a close watch on Arlene, anyone know how the Blue Mountain Beach area came through? I'm a little worried! :(
 
:D Kurt has posted alot of pictures, and smiling joe has too.
 
There is a majical feeling in the air in south walton, even if the beaches aren't at their best, it's still the best place for a vacation :cool:
 
alic65 said:
We are coming down Sat. (June 18)....i sure kept a close watch on Arlene, anyone know how the Blue Mountain Beach area came through? I'm a little worried! :(
Blue Mountain was narrow from 83 to Big Redfish, I'm guessing some walkovers{private} were damaged.
 
:clap_1: I totally agree with the magical part, I LOVE the beaches down there.....even though I've never seen South Walton, We go to Destin or Panama City Beach, the water and sand are the same. :) I have gotten sooo much wonderful info. from this board. Thank you all, and I can't wait to come to this gorgeous playground!!! :wink:
 
Bob said:
Blue Mountain was narrow from 83 to Big Redfish, I'm guessing some walkovers{private} were damaged.

I looked at the public access at 83. The access was warped a bit and there's a 2 foot drop at the bottom where the sand was missing. The sand missing from the dunes was about the same as in Seacrest. The houses just east of the access had some walkover damage.

Grayton was spectacular tonight.
 
alic65 said:
:clap_1: We go to Destin or Panama City Beach, the water and sand are the same. ... and I can't wait to come to this gorgeous playground!!! :wink:

When our beaches get back to "normal," you will find much difference between SoWal's Beaches and those of Panty Maw City Beach. Sure, the sand looks similar, but in PCB you will find more trash mixed in with the sand. All of SoWal's Beaches have received the highest honors in the nation for clean beaches. We are the only county in the US to have all of its beaches receive the designation of Blue Wave Beaches from the Clean Beaches Council. You should come enjoy this gorgeous playground.
 
seagrovelover said:
There is a majical feeling in the air in south walton, even if the beaches aren't at their best, it's still the best place for a vacation :cool:

I agree with you Seagrovelover!!!! I have been so blessed in all the years that I have been coming to South Walton to have the beautiful white sand beaches, perfect conditions, and I loved every minute of it. As you know, we will be coming down on the 25th of June. I am expecting to be a little overwhelmed at the condition of the beaches, but as you say it is a magical place no matter what the beach looks like. We will all have wonderful time despite it. It is a wonderful place and I love being able to rejuvinate for that week!!! I so look forward to getting there !!!!!:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top