• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How is Bayou Bill's?

New posts

ILUV2H2OSKI

Beach Comber
We were returning from Grand Boulevard back to 30A via 98 and passed Bayou Billy's. It was PACKED! I have not heard much about it on SOWAL. Any thoughts?:idontno:
 
Ooooh I want to know too! It seems really packed especially on weekends but I dont recall a post about them either. Who's going to spill the beans?:D Really good, what to get?
 
I have never seen so many cars at Bayou Bill's, nor any other restaurant around here for that matter, as I saw jammed all over the overflowing parking lot and shoulder of HWY 98 tonight. It is OK, but no way would I wait more than 10 minutes for the food. I guess it is a vacation ritual for many families.
 
We have eaten there twice so far since they reopened.

Here are my comments as a local, who eats @ home most of time!
(Wife is a very good cook!)
  • New decor is cool.
  • Service and attitude is very good.
  • Both times we went, food was very good!
  • Pricing was normal for area.
  • Owners walking around checking on all patrons!
Suggestion: This time of year try to go @ 5:00pm when they open for dinner.

:clap:Overall review: Much better than original..............:clap:
 
We ate there for many years before the fire and we ate there a couple of weeks ago for the first time in the new building. The food has always been and continues to be very good. The new location is roomy and the new parking lot is great (before it was shell/gravel with no lines and lots of holes!).

I am a big fan of their fried shrimp and crabcake combo. My brother gets a stuffed fish dish and he really likes it. Hubby often goes for the seafood platter.

I like their gumbo and crab claws, my bro and step dad really enjoyed the oysters rock last trip, too.

There's a guy that makes glass animals out front and we've always enjoyed spending some of our wait watching him!
 
I think Bayou Bills is very good. A classic Florida fish house! They have a formula of product and service that is consistent and tried for many, many years. Whenever we have company come in town we always have to try Bayou Bills because we know that once seated we will get what we order. It does not matter how big the group or how tough our crowd. That place can handle anything.
Try the gator tail if you give it visit. BTW, once you are seated your meal will come in a reasonable time just like a slow night. They have a very tight kitchen.
 
As far as seafood goes, its average. Lots of better choices in the area.

I am not sure I agree. If comparing apples to apples. Lots of great dining in our area but many can not handle a large table. Many can not get you served when slammed. This time of year when you have a long wait you tend to have a long wait getting your food. Once seated at Bill's, your meal comes just like it was a slow night. As far as Florida fish Houses go it is one of the better in the area IMO.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top