• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How is Bayou Bill's?

New posts
Thanks for all the good info.... We will be back in July. Stinkys is still my favorite. Georges is great too. And being a pizza snob from Atlanta (Fritti) I LOVED PIZZA BAR.
 
Ca Surferboy (a.k.a Mr. Incredible) ordered a steamed seafood bucket and calamari for take out Friday night as a treat for me after a long, difficult week. It was fantastic. The parking lot was packed and cars were parked a long way on hwy 98. Glad Bayou Bill's is open again and happy to hear business is good. Bill's is a long time institution in the area, the food is fresh and the service is excellent. Welcome back Bayou Bill's!!!!
 
Ca Surferboy (a.k.a Mr. Incredible) ordered a steamed seafood bucket and calamari for take out Friday night as a treat for me after a long, difficult week. It was fantastic. The parking lot was packed and cars were parked a long way on hwy 98. Glad Bayou Bill's is open again and happy to hear business is good. Bill's is a long time institution in the area, the food is fresh and the service is excellent. Welcome back Bayou Bill's!!!![/quote...........................

............................................................................................
I've always thought the place was terrible.
 
I had lunch there last week, after avoiding BB for the past eight years (bad experience long ago...). I agree with all that service and decor (and "new" smell) was great. I had PRIMO fried green tomatoes for an apetizer...thick, fresh, crunchy but cooked, lightly battered, and NOT greasy (not to mention heat-hotter than heck). That was followed with a grilled grouper sandwich that was HUGE /thick (had to remove bun to finish it), and real, ungreasy home fries that I couldn't finish either (even though I wanted to). I only got one hushpuppy, but it was really good....the coleslaw was okay, but nothing to write home about. The sweet tea was okay. On a scale of 10, I'd give lunch an overall 8.5. I'd never eat dinner there during season, after seeing the overflowing parking lot (and cars lined up along Hwy 98) last night!! I had lunch at Stinky's today, and it was okay. The Old Florida Fish House is good; their sushi is REAL good. All tolled, there is a lot worse places (locally) to get seafood. Glad I live in SOWAL.....
 
Ca Surferboy (a.k.a Mr. Incredible) ordered a steamed seafood bucket and calamari for take out Friday night as a treat for me after a long, difficult week. It was fantastic. The parking lot was packed and cars were parked a long way on hwy 98. Glad Bayou Bill's is open again and happy to hear business is good. Bill's is a long time institution in the area, the food is fresh and the service is excellent. Welcome back Bayou Bill's!!!![/quote...........................

............................................................................................

I've always thought the place was terrible.

Maybe it is time to give it a try again.....live a little.:biggrin:
 
Back before the original BB's burned, I had one not-so-good plate of shrimp there, once (over a span of 20 years) and a similar experience at the PCB location. Was a bit disappointing. However, all of my experiences lately, the most recent being at about 6:00 this evening, have been stellar - even the fried shrimp, which I am quite picky about.

Rule of thumb - ALWAYS begin with the sauteed alligator entree. Yum!

Rule of thumb #2 - go early. We thought that cars spilling over out to the shoulder of 98 was a weekend phenomenon, but today was Tuesday and it was mayhem in the parking lot when we left just before 7:00. We could barely see to pull out onto 98. Someone is going to get killed. :eek:

Disclamer - yes, my kid works there. Comes home at 11:00 p.m. and collapses. :wub:
 
'Sup w/ the cars parked that way along 98? :angry: I thought I was going to get in an accident because people were pulling out and couldn't see traffic on 98!
 
Highly recommend. So glad they are back. I get the crab legs there regularly...
 
BB's is a long time family tradition for us. My daughter is 24 and I can remember her sitting in a high chair sucking on crab legs. I can remember when it was one of the only places on 98. We always go for one lunch or dinner just depends. Why, because it is a tradition and my kids love that kinda stuff. Just like Goatfeathers, when my husband and brothers would run up to Goatfeathers to pick up shrimp for dinner, they would always run upstairs and have a beer or two or three. My son wouldn't get to go because he wasn't old enough. When he was old enough to drink, it was like a rite of passage getting to go with the guys to get the shrimp and have a beer at Goatfeathers. It's family memories and traditions that make people love places sometimes!
 
BB's is a long time family tradition for us. My daughter is 24 and I can remember her sitting in a high chair sucking on crab legs. I can remember when it was one of the only places on 98. We always go for one lunch or dinner just depends. Why, because it is a tradition and my kids love that kinda stuff. Just like Goatfeathers, when my husband and brothers would run up to Goatfeathers to pick up shrimp for dinner, they would always run upstairs and have a beer or two or three. My son wouldn't get to go because he wasn't old enough. When he was old enough to drink, it was like a rite of passage getting to go with the guys to get the shrimp and have a beer at Goatfeathers. It's family memories and traditions that make people love places sometimes!

...............................................................................................

Do they still serve those horrific waffle fries? Gag city.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top