• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How often does this happen?

New posts
It's an important question. Regional Utilities would have that information. I'm not sure Regional covers Inlet Beach. Don't they have their own water system?
 
Unless someone replaced them in the middle of the night Gulf Trace still has septic tanks on the beach > septic tanks and feces

Please show proof that I am wrong. I would be happy to be wrong.

I have also seen them in Inlet Beach - uncovered after storms.
I stand corrected. Whoever gave them a permit is an idiot. But it's like a lot of things around here, no one really looks into things especially how it affects the beach.
 
It is hard to believe that anyone ever thought it was OK to put septic tanks on the beach.

But it's definitely criminal to still have them there.
 
Many of the homes in Gulf Trace, the older homes in Grayton Beach, and the older homes in Blue Mountain Beach - plus a few here and there along the coast - were built long before water and sewer were even available here. I want to say early 80's or so was when Regional Utilities began, and it took several years to have full availability. Meanwhile, your multi-million high-end homes are probably recent additions and should have been required to hookup.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top