• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How old do you feel?

New posts

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Here is the updated Beloit College list for this year's incoming college freshmen.

[FONT=&quot]www.beloit.edu/mindset [/FONT]

My favorite was Nirvana on the Classic Oldies Channel... Damn I feel old :shock:
 
I love that list - great to see that some long overdue societal changes are the "norm" for these kids, rather sad to see that some of those things have been the status quo for so long.
 
I heard some of this this morning on GMA. Never written in cursive? Hell I can't either any more. All I do is type. Sad. And yes, I feel pretty danged old. :shock:
 
I rarely write in cursive because most of the people I actually write to have trouble reading it due to age.

But why don't these kids know cursive? We had to learn because it was a speed issue for essays and notetaking. :idontno:
 
Try as I may, it's so difficult to text or EMail in cursive. Or for that matter, to post on a forum. There is still the infrequent check to be written.
 
I never gained the ability to write in proper cursive-I won't say good teachers didn't try but I never mastered it either and I'm 37 so it's not just the new generation that never learned cursive!!! I'll also admit to lack of math skills-because I've had a calculator for so many years-now it's on my phone! Lastly, my spelling has suffered because I've had spell check for so long!
 
Just about everything I write is in print. Bills of lading, rate confirmations, and contracts are in print so they can be read. I even have a hard time writing my name in cursive anymore. One of the most amazing things anymore though is how many people in my age group cannot spell. I just can't believe that.
 
Just about everything I write is in print. Bills of lading, rate confirmations, and contracts are in print so they can be read. I even have a hard time writing my name in cursive anymore. One of the most amazing things anymore though is how many people in my age group cannot spell. I just can't believe that.

Oh my gosh. Don't even get me started on the spelling. :shock: It amazes me too that people cannot spell worth a flip.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top