• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Huckabee House!

New posts
I feel for the secret service agents that are going to have to protect this thing. :yikes: Black suits on the sand in august?
 
I guess my universe is tilted when I think, pretty big houses (his buddy is building one next to him), then I notice the old houses in the background and remember the real size of things. Blue Mountain Beach is changing.

One day all the old gulf front (and gulf view) houses will be knocked down and replaced by mansions for the rich.

110308-bluemountainbeach-004.jpg


110308-bluemountainbeach-007.jpg
 
That thing is jsut huge. Who needs all that space? I am not picking on Huckabee, there are plenty more where that comes from. :idontno:
 
Guess he has not read SoWal as to attitude, ;-)

He was very complimentary about the area.

Something that simply amazes me about some of the comments here. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to be cordial to them, or heaven forbid even friends.

I would be glad to hear him play some guitar music.

Yes, he's been complimentary of our area, and he loves the atmosphere of grits & SEC football ... my hat's off to him, he can have a big house if he wants, and he's already shown more class than someone who asks for or who publishes his new address here ... why not give him some privacy, please, & maybe offer to be a friend or neighbor if the opportunity presents itself, not a gawker.
 
Yes, he's been complimentary of our area, and he loves the atmosphere of grits & SEC football ... my hat's off to him, he can have a big house if he wants, and he's already shown more class than someone who asks for or who publishes his new address here ... why not give him some privacy, please, & maybe offer to be a friend or neighbor if the opportunity presents itself, not a gawker.

The address posted was a joke - if you go there, you will not be at the Huckabee house, but at that poster's business.
 
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.
 
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.

its been my experience in life as well as on the board that most people have very open minds & hearts, a huge set of friends and family from every political and other persuasion, and also most importantly - manners. additionally, comments such as the one you posted (above) would not have been considered friendly to anyone nor in very good taste. It's not about politics. It is all about character, manners and judgment. there is a time and a place for stating your opinions on matters, thoughtfully and kindly (without using stereotypical, degrading labels to describe people or peers).

now, back to welcoming a new neighbor!
 
Last edited:
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.

He's very personable in real life. Not sure how that would work out if he knew it was a gay hand he was shaking. That said my only fear of him moving here is a presidential bid that's going to turn this area into a police state over night. That's not why most people moved here. I'd be just as worried if a democratic, libertarian, or teabagger potential presidential candidate moved here.
 
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.

Bashing him would give his supporters the opportunity to get up on their high horse and assume the role of sanctimonious victimized outsider. Nobody wants that, right?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top