• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Human Growth Hormone

New posts
yes i did - it's a human interest thing.....

by the way did anyone see the show on tlc last week called "the man whose arm exploded"? it was about a body builder who injected steroids in his biceps and well, his arm exploded..... it was nasty !

back to the original question about hgh - one of our nieces had to take some kind of growth hormone shots, she started going thru puberty at age 6 :shock:
 
We had the opposite problem of needing HGH -- we were looking at suppressing it.

My husband is 6' 8". We took our daughter to an endocrinologist at Emory at 10 years old. He predicted that she'd be 5' 10", so we did nothing. She's 6' 2". This has been a major problem for her when being teeny-tiny is the gold standard for young women these days. I wish now that we had taken hormonal intervention. It's so hard to be a big woman because of today's standards of appearance. Thank God her boyfriend (and, I predict, future husband as soon as she graduates from GT next year) is 6' 5".

Of course, even if you take hormonal intervention, it's still in the genes, so her children will face the same problems.

I went to a family reunion last month. It was like a Tall People convention.
As you say, it's in the genes. At 5'6" and a half, I felt like a shorty.

I met a couple cousins for the first time, a young man and woman, very bright, accomplished, lovely people, she is probably over six feet, and I know he is.

But you know, tall people and short people do tend to find each other.

Having said that, I could see how HGH could really help someone who needs it.
 
Kind of a hard decision to make. There's no proof positive that kids won't catch-up or slow down at some point. I'm not really one to believe everything doctors say - in this particular case, there's a lot they don't know. It comes down to choosing treatment for several years or waiting to see what happens. Treatment can only work before puberty.

She is also showing signs of puberty - at 7! I know 3 other mothers that are finding similar early signs in their daughters ages 7-9.

I've got to start shopping at Whole Foods - no more meat and dairy products pumped full of hormones. Good God! What are they doing to us!
 
Kind of a hard decision to make. There's no proof positive that kids won't catch-up or slow down at some point. I'm not really one to believe everything doctors say - in this particular case, there's a lot they don't know. It comes down to choosing treatment for several years or waiting to see what happens. Treatment can only work before puberty.

She is also showing signs of puberty - at 7! I know 3 other mothers that are finding similar early signs in their daughters ages 7-9.

I've got to start shopping at Whole Foods - no more meat and dairy products pumped full of hormones. Good God! What are they doing to us!

Isn't this classified as "precocious puberty?" I'd take her to the endocrinologist, which you may have already done.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As the mother of a 13 year old, I am amazed at the massive differences in the sizes of kids the same age. My son had a football game last night. He is 5'2, 102 lbs. There is a boy that is a friend of my son's who is 13, 4' tall
85 lbs. The other team had a kid on it that was 13, 6'3 303 lbs. I was shocked at the differences. I often wondered if HGH might help the little 4' guy. His mother is very short and perhaps he is just always going to be little. It is strange though to see all the kids together and all look so different.
 
We've been to the pediatric endocrinologist. We're waiting on the last of the results. It is pretty strange though how there seem to be such huge differences in sizes and ages kids are hitting puberty. Many girls now starting their periods when they are 10 or 11. Girls in 3rd and 4th grade wearing bras. I just don't remember this being the case when I was growing up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top