• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Dennis

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimmifunn said:
This may be an ignorant question, but how does dennis measure up to ivan? Or is it too soon to tell?
Earlier today, Dennis, with sustained winds of 150mph, was close to being a Cat 5 (155mph+). Ivan was a Cat 3 when it made landfall. Dennis has slowed in strength after hitting Cuba and the last update I read had sustained winds around 125mph. However, when Dennis gets into the warm Gulf waters, look out because it will gain strength quickly. It appears that TX has some weather heading SE which may blow Dennis directly into us. :shock:
I have had a bad feeling about Dennis from Day 1 of his life. I think we will know more in the morning. Dont be suprised if the storm line has moved east and right over our heads. If he hits as a Cat 3, we will get banged around a bit. If that weather from TX pushes hard and Dennis heads to Tally, I will enjoy a nice day at the Beach. I will take a photo of the sunset for you. (Not sure that it will really be forthcoming, but I sure could use a day at the Beach.)
 
As I have said before, thank you guys for being there! Be safe and we are lighting candles in Missouri for you, your families, the goldens and the turtles etc who reside in our beloved white sandy beaches.
 
njackie said:
As I have said before, thank you guys for being there! Be safe and we are lighting candles in Missouri for you, your families, the goldens and the turtles etc who reside in our beloved white sandy beaches.
Save the candle and drink a Guiness for me. I have to empty my fridge tomorrow. :cool: If I don't make(emptying the fridge), it will be okay because I do fancy a warm Guiness on occasion.

Thanks for the warm thoughts from you all. :D
 
Thanks Kurt and Joe! I can't thank you both enough for all the helpful info. Good thing I can pick up sowal on my sidekick. I did slap a sowal sticker on my car that stayed behind (convinced it may protect it!) Let's just hope for the best. I can't wait to see both your pictures as they are always amazing. Joe....let us know what doorstep to drop the case of guiness on! Take care and keep us posted! We'll be checking the boards constantly. I'm hooked!
 
109445.jpg



The latest and greatest of Dennis.
 
Last edited:
hey everyone....

I am up in Jackson Hole for the weekend, we came here since our place there was rented out. How ironic is that? I wore my Grayton T-shirt up the airtram to the top of Rendevous mountain and said a prayer for everyone and every bit of our paradise. I found the library here and lo and behold there was a computer and the first thing I did was check up on y'all. I say get out while you can, stay if you must...but know I'm sending all the good vibes and body english your way. Hang tight!
 
Sueshore said:
hey everyone....

I am up in Jackson Hole for the weekend, we came here since our place there was rented out. How ironic is that? I wore my Grayton T-shirt up the airtram to the top of Rendevous mountain and said a prayer for everyone and every bit of our paradise. I found the library here and lo and behold there was a computer and the first thing I did was check up on y'all. I say get out while you can, stay if you must...but know I'm sending all the good vibes and body english your way. Hang tight!

:cool:
 
Ouch. Jim Cantore is going to have to be tied to the nearest anchored pole at the Days Inn he's shacking up at!!!
 
Joe, that is the most awesome hurricane picture I have ever seen. The latest I have seen shows the eye passing over Pensacola at a low cat 3. One can hope...

Smiling JOe said:
109445.jpg



The latest and greatest of Dennis.
 
HERE IS A REMINDER OF HURRICANE IVAN 2004, NOT DENNIS. I REPEAT, NOT DENNIS.
108271.jpg

HERE IS A REMINDER OF HURRICANE IVAN 2004, NOT DENNIS. I REPEAT, NOT DENNIS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top