• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Dennis

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Hand Weather Report:

After a few dark clouds were sitting on the horizon, they quickly rolled in and dropped a heavy dose of rain. Mild winds (considering Dennis is forthcoming) for a breif period (maybe 20mph- just a guess since I have never owned a windometer - is that what it is called?) The rain just passed (noon), and the thunder is still rumbling. Overcast skies and some very mild wind continues to blow.

This message is brought to you from my fine sponsors at Flying Dog Brewery, Guiness Brewery, and Cabo Wabo Tequila. :clap_1:

Any future reports may be getting slurred, so don't worry about any mispelling.
 
Lightning knocked out my internet access for awhile. I'm afraid it might happen again so if you don't hear from me don't worry. ;-)
 
"Mother Nature is a motha," was the answer to the question posed to the Pensacola Beach General Mgr by the Weather Channel reporter who asked why he thought Mother Nature was picking on Pensacola. I say that the GM is one sharp tack.

I wonder if the Sheriff over in Cape San Blas has pulled his Sniper Deputies off the Beach yet. Reports were that the Deputies were stationed there to prevent any more potential threats of sharks :blink: . I think the Sheriff was trying to prevent reporters from reporting stories --only in the Good-'Ole-Boy network of the US of A.
 
kurt said:
Lightning knocked out my internet access for awhile. I'm afraid it might happen again so if you don't hear from me don't worry. ;-)
Yes, I was getting a little nervous myself about losing power. Glad you are back on. You are welcome to come over and borrow any of my four AA batteries if that will be of any use.
 
Stay safe Kurt, Smilin' Joe and all the locals who are hunkered down--here's hoping Denace is kind to the area.
 
109452.jpg


New image of Hurricane Dennis from July 9, 2005.
 
Getting closer :shock: ... how'r you locals hanging out there? Any crazyness yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top