• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Dennis

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Weather 5:35pm:

Mostly overcast sky with very slight wind from the SE. The sun is trying to peek through but having only mild success due to the sky of light gray clouds. Just caught a glimpse of Mike Bettis on the Weather Chan. from PCB, and there is a big squall, packing heavy winds, rain, and lightning heading our way very soon. The DAWGS know something is happening as do the Squirrels in the yard. The Turkey Vultures I saw yesterday absolutely know something is coming. If I did not know Dennis was on the way, I would say it looks like a quiet, uneventful day at the Beach.
 
The sky just turned dark grey as the clouds quickly came in. I cannot tell the where the clouds are because the sky is just one chunk of dark color. The rain is now hitting and the wind is starting up. It is about to get rough.
The weather guy on the tele is predicting 25'-35' ft waves. I like the way he pronounces Cape San Blas (Cape Son Blahz).
 
Last edited:
Smiling JOe said:
. I like the way he pronounces Cape San Blas (Cape Son Blahz).

Joe- We got a good laugh out of that as well! Jim Cantore is back from his break and has his raincoat on. Here we go... :eek:
 
Latest NWS Map


204558W_sm.gif
 
The Weather Channel reported that Dennis is now at 125 mph miles and moving at 13 mph; 275 mi south of Panama City. That's what they said at 9pm EST but the graphic looked like an 8 pm EST update.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top