scooterbug44
SoWal Expert
Plan ahead, be smart, and get yourself and your family out of harm's way whenever possible.
There are a lot of people who are convinced that THEIR home is safe and they are in no danger if they stay. This is reinforced in their minds every time they successfully ride out a storm. This is also the kind of thinking that provides the weather channel w/ "storm stories" and emergency personnel w/ things to do.
Your home and possessions are replacable. The lives and safety of your loved ones are not. Don't freak out and evacuate for every tropical storm, but don't take unneccessary chances just to avoid the hassle of evacuation either. I haven't regretted an evacuation yet, if only because I avoided the inconvenience of being w/o water and power.
There are a lot of people who are convinced that THEIR home is safe and they are in no danger if they stay. This is reinforced in their minds every time they successfully ride out a storm. This is also the kind of thinking that provides the weather channel w/ "storm stories" and emergency personnel w/ things to do.
Your home and possessions are replacable. The lives and safety of your loved ones are not. Don't freak out and evacuate for every tropical storm, but don't take unneccessary chances just to avoid the hassle of evacuation either. I haven't regretted an evacuation yet, if only because I avoided the inconvenience of being w/o water and power.