• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Insurance

New posts

Sparky

Beach Comber
I am a homeowner on 30A and I have a hurricane insurance issue. My hurricane policy is with Citizens. They tell me that since I have a house valued at over $750,000 (the good news), I need window and door coverings to renew my policy (the bad news). I hear about all kinds of solutions ranging from installing expensive high impact windows to staying with cheap but effective plywood.

Am I the only one facing this issue? Any suggestions?
 
You can change to First Protective Insurance. Their rates are better, but they will also require you to put some sort of protection on your windows.
First Protective recognizes the 3M Safety/Security film as a cost effective retro-fit glass protection measure.
Of course, I sell and install 3M Films. Call me if you would like a quote. Any exterior shutter device is going to very expensive and must be deployed. 3M Film is there 24/7.
Call Jennifer Brooks @ Southern Coastal Insurance to get a quote and answer any of your questions.
Jennifer Brooks @ 850-269-3653 or 850-865-4466

Thanks and good luck!

Steve Cobucci
S.C. Designing, Inc.
Window Treatments/Window Tinting
850-687-0646
www.scdesigninginc.com
An Authorized 3M Films Dealer
 
Throughout the last few years I've been forced to shop for hurricane insurance continuously due to being dropped or because of outrageous increases. It seems to me that more and more insurance companies are requiring hurricane protection of some type. My current insurance company does not recognize the film as hurricane protection. There are a few other threads about hurricane shutters where people, including myself, have given input on what type we have. http://www.sowal.com/bb/real-estate-discussion/31198-wind-protection.html Even if your insurance company doesn't require you to have the shutters, you'll get a substantial discount if you do.

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that in the future, houses less than $750K would also have this requirement for hurricane protection.
 
Perhaps we can help

Hello,

If you decide that you want to go with the "cheap but effective" plywood solution, let us know. We have our Hurricane list of customers in the area that we check with when a storm heads into the Gulf. We have measured and cut the plywood for them so it's ready to go in an emergency. We send several teams out to "board up" when our customers need us. We'll be happy to give you a free estimate and even pick up and deliver the plywood for you. We're licensed, bonded, and insured. We're Handyman Connection and we've been in business here since 2001. You can call us at 622-5262 and we'll set an appointment for you at your convenience.

Arlene with Handyman Connection





I am a homeowner on 30A and I have a hurricane insurance issue. My hurricane policy is with Citizens. They tell me that since I have a house valued at over $750,000 (the good news), I need window and door coverings to renew my policy (the bad news). I hear about all kinds of solutions ranging from installing expensive high impact windows to staying with cheap but effective plywood.

Am I the only one facing this issue? Any suggestions?
 
I am a homeowner on 30A and I have a hurricane insurance issue. My hurricane policy is with Citizens. They tell me that since I have a house valued at over $750,000 (the good news), I need window and door coverings to renew my policy (the bad news). I hear about all kinds of solutions ranging from installing expensive high impact windows to staying with cheap but effective plywood.

Am I the only one facing this issue? Any suggestions?

Sparky:

Did you solve your insurance problem yet?
Shuttergoddess
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top