• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Katrina - I

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Moondance said:
Just in case you haven't seen it, here is the mac daddy, one-stop-shop for tropical info (I got it on this board months ago):

http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html#AL12

Is there a similar/better site? If so, please post.

I may have to go back to school to follow all of the technical stuff on that sight. Much of their info appears to be coming from NOAA.gov, so why not go directly to the source?
 
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Wow...hopes it skips over y'all. If not, just do what Auburn fans do before a new season. Hold your breath. Expect for the worst...hope for the best. And as opposed to ESPN Game Day with Kirk Herbstriet and Lee Corso, you get the Weather Channel with Dr. Steve Lyons and Mike Bettes. And commercials or time outs are like "Local on the 8's".
 
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Smiling JOe said:
I may have to go back to school to follow all of the technical stuff on that sight. Much of their info appears to be coming from NOAA.gov, so why not go directly to the source?
Yeah but...
Well, see...
It's like this...
You just...
It's just one...

Whatever, SJ... Damn! :bang:
 
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Live in Panama City and places west of us, all the way to Pensacola have just been beaten to death during the last year. I really can't believe what I am seeing. Another landfall by potentially Major Hurricane. Next year Texas its your turn, we need a break.

Model Tracks & Floater Image
 
Re: Hurricane Katrina

All I can say is, UNBELIEVABLE :eek:

I wake up this morning, go straight to the NHC site, then to wunderground. All the models are now in agreement in the storm making landfall right around SoWal.

Did we make a deal with the devil at some point? This area can't take another storm.
 
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Jeff Masters' Wunderblog says Cat. 3 or possibly 4 by Saturday. Panhandle is, he said, a hurricane magnet. Every computer model has it headed our way. :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top