• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Katrina - II

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
084619W_sm.gif
 
unfortunately, the new forecast shows the wind strength increasing to 115 knots by landfall which makes it a weak cat 4. Bummer for wherever it lands--hope they are dead wrong.
 
I'm no weatherman but it sure doesn't look like there is anything in those loops that is going to force this thing northward. :idontno:
 
wintersbk said:
I'm no weatherman but it sure doesn't look like there is anything in those loops that is going to force this thing northward. :idontno:

I try to glean some of the future direction from the loops but the steering winds are the very high ones which usually don't show on the loops. Sometimes you can see some high clouds on the visible loop.
 
Having just made the call to have my SoWal house boarded, now it looks like I might be evacuating to SoWal (from New Orleans) in a day or so.

Hurricane Season. Gotta Love it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top