Post from Katrina III:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Rita
:?: The sands not white.
Originally Posted by
Smiling JOe
You are correct. They never got around to capping it off with the required 3ft of white 8.1 sand. Go figure. I guess it doesn't matter anyway, because the beach will be a mix now anyway, due to the relaxing of the rules, and the lack of monitoring the work being done.
Quote from Moondance:
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me..."
We are smarter now and despite all the effort and angst, unfortunately, Dennis was a dry run. In terms of the beaches, at least, it would appear we are almost back to square 1. I suspect most of the issues after Dennis will be issues after Katrina. What should be different this time is that we (residents, citizens, landlords, neighbors, beach lovers/protectors) are better prepared and informed, largely as a result of information shared or obtainable on this board.
This time we are in a
better position to monitor and report on all public and private beach replenishment and/or clean-up activities. We must expose any/all that do not meet applicable law, regulation, code, ordinance, local order, waivers of same, or good common sense

!. I will be more vigilant, more insistent, and more vocal (privately and publicly) with respect to such beach activities. However, few of us can be in SoWal all the time, and kurt, SJ, and other locals can't do it all.
I encourage my friends on this board to get involved and active, think critically, ask questions, seek answers, and speak up... or at least make us all aware of anything that seems out of line.
Let's get r done right this time, hopefully paving the way for standard protocol for the foreseeable future.
Now I'll get off my