• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hurricane Rita - Texas Posters

New posts

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you all this weekend and wish for your safety!!!! Stay safe.

 
In the DFW metroplex area they're predicting much needed rain 3-5 inches.(That is unless it moves through quickly.)
Also could get tropical force winds as far inland as here and spin off tornados. :(
 
Rita said:
In the DFW metroplex area they're predicting much needed rain 3-5 inches.(That is unless it moves through quickly.)
Also could get tropical force winds as far inland as here and spin off tornados. :(

You can send some of that rain over to Montgomery. It hasn't rained a drop here since Katrina. My yard looks like the Mojave Desert.
 
How big is this bad girl? I am so out of the loop...guess I need to look to my boyfriends Mike Bettes and Jim Cantore for some answers.... :wub:
 
Just talked to PawPaw...it took him 3 1/2 hours to get to Buffalo, TX...a little more than half way to Dallas from Houston. Said traffic is crazy.. most people are stopping in Huntsville. He said he saw three trucks carrying plywood headed NORTH!!! That's like ice trucks headed to the North Pole!!! I'll be a happy girl when he gets here!

Thanks y'all for the good wishes. Looks like those damn storms are going to eat up beaches from east to west...not one state in the gulf has dodged the bullet this year. Yes, Kimmi...Hurricane Rita is a biatch!!!! Your little Jimmy is surely Galveston bound!!
 
We could use some rain here in Atlanta too, we have not had any since Katrina. :(
 
PawPaw has arrived...he is bushed, but safe and sound! I think I just saw Rita is a Cat. 5!!!! Glad PawPaw ain't gonna meeta Rita!!!
 
I confess...I went and topped off my tank today. It was either half full or half empty...I paid $2.83 a gal. for regular.
 
Oh, crud.

First time in my life I've been in the cone of possibility...in FORT WORTH!!! :shock:
I sooo do not want my house tornadoed on. :pissed:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top