• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

I guess Apple has arrived

New posts

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Just reading over the summary for March for vulnerabilities in Operating Systems. First time I recall Apple/MAC leading the list on number of flaws vs. Microsoft. It seems that they have finally arrived and the claim of buy an Apple, no viruses, will be a thing of the past. Talk about becoming a victim of your own success.
 
Just reading over the summary for March for vulnerabilities in Operating Systems. First time I recall Apple/MAC leading the list on number of flaws vs. Microsoft. It seems that they have finally arrived and the claim of buy an Apple, no viruses, will be a thing of the past. Talk about becoming a victim of your own success.

I'm not sure if you are praising Apple or criticizing Apple. All I know is that I have been living the dangerous life for many, many years. A Mac hooked up 24/7 to the internet with no firewall or virus protection and never had a problem. Anyway, bring it on I guess. :cool:
 
PC users are always looking for justification for using antiquated technology. Once you go Mac, you never go back.
 
I'm not sure if you are praising Apple or criticizing Apple. All I know is that I have been living the dangerous life for many, many years. A Mac hooked up 24/7 to the internet with no firewall or virus protection and never had a problem. Anyway, bring it on I guess. :cool:


Just commenting on something I saw as unusual. Mac or PC, they are about the same nowadays. Viruses are more of an attack on inexperience than on the machine, imho.
 
PC users are always looking for justification for using antiquated technology. Once you go Mac, you never go back.

As a gamer, I desire to play games more complex than Bejeweled. Unfortunately Macs don't meet that criteria. ;-)
 
Sounds like a Big Mac Attack! ;-)
 
Among other reasons, I like the way a PC can be customized easily with a near infinite variety of cases, graphics cards, hard drives, motherboards, memory chips, you name it. I appreciate the much lower cost for the power you get. I appreciate the competition of the many vendors that drives these prices down. Last but not least, Mac can't hold a candle to the PC in the games department.
 
I think those great commercials with the Mac and PC guy pretty much sums it up.

Being the nice guy I am, I have purchased Macs for my entire family. I still have a PC. Like the old, nerdy guy in the commercial I am constantly having problems and on several computers while they have no problems at all. :bang: My oldest has had the same Mac 5 years and never had one glitch nor one pop up. They really are just a superior product.

The problem is my work is all on PC and does not interface with Mac. I would switch in a heart beat if I could.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top