Okay, BR's look yummy and I must try them soon.
but since you are my BFFFFFF, I thought I would send you my favorite that I got from my aunt years ago and have made a million times. its always very elegant, easy and loved.
[FONT="]Aunt Cat?s Elegant Pasta Salad[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Note: you may not need all this dressing for 1 lb pasta. If not, use what is left for a green salad. Or if I make a double recipe for a crowd, make 2 or more pounds pasta, you?ll need to double the dressing and other ingredients. Sometimes I do a different type pasta and/or add something red like slivered sundried tomatoes (oil packed), or long slices of roasted red pepper. Wing it![/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Dressing: put in covered container and let sit in refrigerator several hours or overnight:[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]1 cup olive oil[/FONT]
[FONT="]3-4 tbs fresh lemon juice[/FONT]
[FONT="]4 tbs balsamic or wine vinegar (I use white balsamic or white wine vin. You can any)[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 bay leaves[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 tbsp dried basil leaves[/FONT]
[FONT="]? tsp dry mustard (I use a tad more)[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 large garlic cloves (crushed)[/FONT]
[FONT="]2-3 green onions (chopped)[/FONT]
[FONT="]salt and pepper[/FONT][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]While making pasta, let cold dressing come to room temperature, remove bay leaves and garlic.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]1 lb fusilli (twist) pasta[/FONT][FONT="] ? cook until al dente (cooked thru but firm to bite ? doesn?t take long!) drain pasta, and run cold water to cool. Shake water out and let the pasta kind of dry for a few minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Put pasta in large bowl, add half the sauce, then mix in:[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]1 can whole artichoke hearts (progresso or vigo), chopped into quarters or slivers[/FONT]
[FONT="]1 small can chopped black olives (little tiny can)[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped) (I usually use a lot more)[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]mix in the remaining sauce (you may decide not to use it all if it seems enough), a little more salt and pepper, another chopped green onion or two, and a few sprigs of parsley.[/FONT]