• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

I need your advice, suggestions, etc.

New posts
If I remember correctly, classifieds may be viewed free of charge in the Walton Sun, and can include any range of area including Panama City and Destin. Kurt is correct about the quality person getting good pay with a little time, especially once you prove your worth. A good employee is hard to find and businesses fight for them. Just today, I received letters from two different businesses asking me to come work with them. I get them fairly often. If there are not good employees who are unemployed, employers look to steal them from other companies. I don't think my accountant is looking for anyone at the moment, but if you want, I will be glad to ask him if he knows of anyone looking. If you are looking to move at the beginning of the season, you are sure to have success in finding good employment. Good Luck and keep us posted.
EDIT:Also, rentals which allow dogs are difficult to find, but let me know when you start looking and I may be able to find you a connection. You should expect to pay a min of $1,000 per month.
 
Thanks for your replies everyone. I am sure I will have plenty of questions if this all works out for me!
 
tamara said:
Thanks for your replies everyone. I am sure I will have plenty of questions if this all works out for me!

I wish you luck!!!
 
tamara said:
Thanks for your replies everyone. I am sure I will have plenty of questions if this all works out for me!


Go for it! It is something I have talked about doing and am almost in a postion to make it happen. Let me know the good and the bad.
 
What Kurt said. In my former life, I was constantly looking for good, qualified help and I know that most other businesses including but not limited to banks, accountants, property managers, developers, etc. were in the same boat. There is so much more opportunity now than even 3 or 4 years ago. I can't imagine that you would ever look back and if you did, its easy to move back to Atlanta. I meet tons of people from Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas and other regional cities that are jealous that they do not live here but i don't think that I've ever met a local yearning for the city. Good luck.
 
We moved here with our school age children about a year and a half ago from Memphis and have NEVER looked back or regretted the move. We spend so much more time outside, just enjoying life.
Our friends and family come to visit us, and we do make the occasional obligatory trip there.
Housing is, of course a lot more expensive, and while jobs are plentiful, the wages might not be as high. That's offset in a large part due to a few things - 1st your home will (in all likelihood) be smaller so you won't need, and certainly won't buy as much stuff; 2nd - you'll be living in Paradise, so won't need to go on expensive vacations; 3rd - it's easy to make friends here because so many people are new, and 4th - you may find yourself like me, and wake up happy every day. :D

Feel free to PM me if you would like -

Sunshine
 
Sunshine...I see you are still spreading sunshine everywhere!!! You are indeed a happy and lucky gull!!!
 
sunshine said:
We moved here with our school age children about a year and a half ago from Memphis and have NEVER looked back or regretted the move. We spend so much more time outside, just enjoying life.
Our friends and family come to visit us, and we do make the occasional obligatory trip there.
Housing is, of course a lot more expensive, and while jobs are plentiful, the wages might not be as high. That's offset in a large part due to a few things - 1st your home will (in all likelihood) be smaller so you won't need, and certainly won't buy as much stuff; 2nd - you'll be living in Paradise, so won't need to go on expensive vacations; 3rd - it's easy to make friends here because so many people are new, and 4th - you may find yourself like me, and wake up happy every day. :D

Feel free to PM me if you would like -

Sunshine

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
moving here was the smartest thing we ever did! we moved from ATL almost 3 years ago and had the same concerns that you do. i have been amazed at the opportunities that can come your way when you live in a community like this. there are more jobs out there than you may think, especially with valuable experience. you will also meet some pretty incredible folks. COME ON DOWN!!
 
Gosh, now I want to move, NOW, not in 4 yrs. when our son starts college!! Is there industry for a Motorola electrical engineer that designs cell phones? If there was more technical industry, we'd move in a heartbeat!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top