• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

ICF builder?

New posts

elenamaria

Beach Comber
Howdy,

Hubby and I are still looking for a builder. We've learned a lot about the benefits of ICF (insulated concrete form) construction, and would like to explore that option before we default to stick-built.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, reliable, honest ICF builder?

ElenaMaria
 
I was told 6-8% overall higher cost for the entire house. :idontno:

I personally think ICF is a great way to save $ long term on energy costs etc. but don't know a lot about the details of it. Uncle Timmy told me that they now have ICF slabs so you can put walls up much faster than w/ all the individual blocks.

Would love to hear comments/advice from folks who have used it/priced it! :biggrin:
 
I was told 6-8% overall higher cost for the entire house. :idontno:

I personally think ICF is a great way to save $ long term on energy costs etc. but don't know a lot about the details of it. Uncle Timmy told me that they now have ICF slabs so you can put walls up much faster than w/ all the individual blocks.

Would love to hear comments/advice from folks who have used it/priced it! :biggrin:

Isn't ICF poured in place not concrete block construction?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top