• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

If only ONE meal on 30a?

New posts

scubamal86

Beach Comber
I have family in town on Saturday and want to show them what is so great about where I live. Because they fall into the category of hard workin' folks, I have planned the only activity for the afternoon to be beach bumming on Grayton beach. Dinner is set to be the real clincher.

So, I ask: If you could only have one meal on 30a, where would you dine?

There are two stipulations:
1) not the Red Bar
2) limited wait time for seating (they aren't drinkers :shock:)
 
Easy choice.
Pizza Bar.
Caprese salad.

Fileto (fried grouper -- ask for the aioli).
Any pizza.
Tiramusu.

Eat at the bar
if you don't want a wait (not an oxymoron -- daughter and her new hubby drink Diet Cokes).
 
Last edited:
We need more information. How many will be in your group? What will the age range be? Do they like music while they dine? You said they are hard working. Well, are they hard working people who like an elegant meal or hard working people who need to chill out in a more casual place? etc. Do they like a deal? Maybe some restaurant has something really special going on tomorrow and will chime in here.
 
I would have to go with Tango as well but it does have very limited seating but then there is always carry out!
 
My 3 top choices would be:

Paradis in Rosemary Beach: Fancy restaurant, top of the line service, artsy food - we had some seared tuna and it was excellent. I'd go back anytime. It's not "beachy" though if you want something beachy. It's an upscale, dark restaurant inside.

George's at Alys Beach: Very beachy, very good food. Grouper sandwich and seafood (lobster and other seafood) quesadilla are excellent.

The restaurant at Calyza Pool in Alys Beach. The setting is wonderful. It's open dining though under a roof, so you'd want to check out whether it's also air conditioned. The food is good, though I can't say I've melted while I ate there (but I did at Paradis and George's).

All of the above will be pricey. (Though Paradis has a 2 for 1 special if you get there before 6:00...)

I haven't had dinner at Stinky's or the new place by the Red Bar where D&K's used to be, but those are two that I'd like to try. I also never had dinner at Summer Kitchen;Blue by Night in Rosemary Beach, and I'd like to try that.
 
We'd love to have you at Shorty's in Grayton

Hi Scubamal86 and Paula!

We hope to see you soon. We are the new place in Grayton where D&K's used to be! :wave: We are Shorty's Surfside and Topside.

Downstairs we have a bar, Sushi Bar and several tables. We have live Music 7 nights per week downstairs. Upstairs, we have Gulf View dining.

We strive for a casual fun atmosphere. Upstairs or down, we serve fresh seafood (fried, grilled or blackened) and hand cut filet's. We also serve Sandwiches, PoBoys, Burgers, Grilled Chicken, and Sushi as well as Veggie Pasta and Red Beans and rice. Our specialty appetizers are fresh tangy Ceviche as well as Fried Asparagus (with lump crabmeat)! We would love to have you dine with us.

Our website is: SHORTY'S SURFSIDE & TOPSIDE | GULF FRONT DINING AND LIBATIONS | GRAYTON BEACH FLORIDA

My 3 top choices would be:

Paradis in Rosemary Beach: Fancy restaurant, top of the line service, artsy food - we had some seared tuna and it was excellent. I'd go back anytime. It's not "beachy" though if you want something beachy. It's an upscale, dark restaurant inside.

George's at Alys Beach: Very beachy, very good food. Grouper sandwich and seafood (lobster and other seafood) quesadilla are excellent.

The restaurant at Calyza Pool in Alys Beach. The setting is wonderful. It's open dining though under a roof, so you'd want to check out whether it's also air conditioned. The food is good, though I can't say I've melted while I ate there (but I did at Paradis and George's).

All of the above will be pricey. (Though Paradis has a 2 for 1 special if you get there before 6:00...)

I haven't had dinner at Stinky's or the new place by the Red Bar where D&K's used to be, but those are two that I'd like to try. I also never had dinner at Summer Kitchen;Blue by Night in Rosemary Beach, and I'd like to try that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gravel road, for sure!

Personally, I'm not easily impressed and they are great!!! Ask for Russ, if you want a fantastic experience! He's very knowledgeable, attentive and always professional! You won't be, disappointed!:clap: Even if he is, my son! He's very "customer centered", like his mom!;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top