Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
In case you didn't notice, they are currently installing a huge pole, I think cellular tower, behind Frank's Hardware in Grayton. Looks like some people are about to receive better cell reception. :clap_1:
I am not positive that it is a cell tower, but I am fairly certain. Also, I don't know whose tower it is nor which companies will lease the rights to it, so you may or may not have better reception. When they get it completed, remember to update your tower info on your phone so that your phone can pick it up.I drove by today, SJ, and wondered what the heck that was! The crane is huge! Yeah :clap_1: , a cell tower! You mean, now I won't have to run into the middle of the street or middle of my fire-ant invested backyard to take a cell call when at home?![]()
I am not positive that it is a cell tower, but I am fairly certain. Also, I don't know whose tower it is nor which companies will lease the rights to it, so you may or may not have better reception. When they get it completed, remember to update your tower info on your phone so that your phone can pick it up.

*228 for Alltel customers. I have had some Alltel reps tell me that it updates only the towers in the roaming area, and I have had other reps tell me that I need to update it regularly to pick up any new tower signals. In this area, it is usually news that we have a new tower, so I don't update it regularly, as I rarely pass the Factory Stores in Sandestin and Lake Powell to the east.How do you update your tower info in your cell phone?![]()
I know all about it.This reminds of my mother who lives in a small town in SC. When she's on her cell phone at home she has to stand on a stool in the corner of her foyer...so she doesn't like to talk too long like that. Probably one of those things you have to see to appreciate the humor, but it's funny.

I think Alltel leases usage from Sprint's towers so that will be good for many people if that is the case.It is a tower for Sprint/Nextel.