• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

In Memory: Roxanne and Barry

New posts

drunkkenartist

Beach Fanatic
A few weeks ago Roxanne, Barry and I, along with a couple of others, were considering putting together a "Jolly Roger" reunion for sometime in January. It looks like we may be getting together after all, but not as we intended.
Does anyone have any updates about any arrangements or memorial services for them? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere.
Whatever is done, I'm sure it will be festive, as Roxanne always had a warm hug and a bright smile, and you could always count Barry to make you laugh (or groan!).
Their physical presence will be missed, but the memories will be with us forever! Cheers to the eternal newlyweds! A Celebration of your lives is in order!

Much love,
Kenny
 
A few weeks ago Roxanne, Barry and I, along with a couple of others, were considering putting together a "Jolly Roger" reunion for sometime in January. It looks like we may be getting together after all, but not as we intended.
Does anyone have any updates about any arrangements or memorial services for them? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere.
Whatever is done, I'm sure it will be festive, as Roxanne always had a warm hug and a bright smile, and you could always count Barry to make you laugh (or groan!).
Their physical presence will be missed, but the memories will be with us forever! Cheers to the eternal newlyweds! A Celebration of your lives is in order!

Much love,
Kenny
Much has been lost this holiday, but with friends like you, memories will live on!
 
I was informed by Bobby J for Roxanne and Barry there will be a Beachside memorial Wednesday December 27th at 4:30 at the SR Beach Club, then Services at St. Rita's Friday Dec 29th at 10:30am. I won't be able to make it to the Beach Service, but I will be at St. Rita's Friday.

Kenny
 
Sorry for your loss, Kenny. It sounds like their lively spirits will live long with you and those who knew them.
 
Kenny, do you have any pics of Roxanne and Barry? I know my daughters knew them from their visits to Borago. I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of their families.
 
Thank you Kenny for the update. I was so concerned about a service since their families are out of state but we will always be their SoWal family. Roxanne and Barry will be truly missed!:wub:
 
Sadly I don't. That's a shame, I didn't realize I didn't till you asked. I guess we all just take for granted that our friends are going to be around forever and sometimes don't think of things like that. You'd think after all these years I would have learned THAT lesson already. She had/has a website which is still up and running.

www.realestatebyroxanne.com

She used to work for Pelican as well. People may know them from when we hung out at Jolly Roger, Fermentations, Shades (old and new), Pandoras, etc. You get together a couple of nights a week for several years and who thinks to bring a camera.

It's like a six degrees of separation though. You may not know them but you know someone that does, that's guaranteed!

I still can't believe they're gone.
 
She does look familiar but I don't think I ever met her. Still can't believe the tragedy! Did they or he/she have children?
 
Yesterday, I was listening to my voice messages and played back the few saved messages I had. One was from Roxanne when she had called me earlier last week. She and I had a long conversation last Tuesday. She was indeed an intelligent soul and enjoyed every minute of life. I think the week prior, I saw her and Barry at Cerulean's supporting local musicians, Sisters Johnson. They both were smiling and having fun.

I think that they celebrated life daily, not waiting for some holiday occasion as an excuse. Their death is sad, only for the people who will no longer be able to spend time with them and enjoy their company. I think they are great examples for us to live each day to the fullest as they did.

What a wonderful, precious life we have.
 
Thank you so much "Smiling JOe", that is the point I intended to make, was that each time I was out with them, it was dinner, drinks, and celebrating "the moment". I last saw them at Cerulean (sp?) to see SisterJohnson, and that's where Roxanne, Barry, Coop, Peggy and I started planning the Jolly Roger reunion. We were even joking about how we were eventually going to tell Jay and Lori!
I hope most everyone gets to see each other today at the beach, I unfortunately cannot get out of work today, but I will be at St. Rita's on Friday. I will probably go down to the beach afterwards and toast to them overlooking the gulf.

Best to all,

Kenny
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top