• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Info For A Visitor

New posts

HGoodan

Beach Crab
I'm planning on visiting the area in about 10 days and I have a couple of questions. Are the GA and FL fires affecting your area at all? If so, how bad. Also - we will be staying a few days in the cabins at Grayton Beach S.P. What type of fish could I expect to catch from the beach? Lastly, I'm debating getting a guide and doing either some flats or deep sea fishing. Any thoughts on what is the best this time of year. Any help at all would be appreciated!
 
Fires - we are not currently being affected.
fishing - don't expect to catch any, then, any you do catch will be a bonus. If the June Grass continues to move in, you won't be pulling in any fish from the beach. You will probably have better success at fishing in the Gulf this time of year than fishing in the flats. There are several guides who work out of the Grayton area. In no particular order, here are a few:


Capt Larry Pentel
Dead Fish Charters
Seagrove Beach

Capt Sam Wesley
Grayton Beach
850-231-2043

Capt Gordie Hinds
Angry Fish Charters

Capt Bo Walker
Yellowfin Charters
Grayton Beach
850-231-1717

Also, here are a few who advertise on SoWal.com
 
Last edited:
I've seen mention of June Grass in other spots on the board. What is it....seaweed....and please tell me that it doesn't affect the awesome emerald water!
 
I've seen mention of June Grass in other spots on the board. What is it....seaweed....and please tell me that it doesn't affect the awesome emerald water!


It just makes it a little greener. No big deal- plenty of people swimming yesterday.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top