• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

info on "bungalows @ seagrove"

New posts
11-22-2005/ First WD Recorded
Grantor - Bungalow Development
Grantee - S & V Ventures LLC
Unit # 107
Sales Price $241,775
 
I don't get it.

Its my understanding that the market started "softening" last year ... increasing volume for sale and deceasing prices.

2 units sold in this community last year for $242K and $285K.

17 units are currently on the market and are listed for a range of $380K to $540K.

So that's an increase of between 57% and 123% from 11/22/05 ... 8 months later in a down market.

What the heck am I missing?:idontno: (Shelley, please don't tell me that it's because the higher priced units have granite counter tops)
 
bdc63 said:
I don't get it.

Its my understanding that the market started "softening" last year ... increasing volume for sale and deceasing prices.

2 units sold in this community last year for $242K and $285K.

17 units are currently on the market and are listed for a range of $380K to $540K.

So that's an increase of between 57% and 123% from 11/22/05 ... 8 months later in a down market.

What the heck am I missing?:idontno: (Shelley, please don't tell me that it's because the higher priced units have granite counter tops)

The only word that matters is "sold".
 
bdc63 said:
I don't get it.

Its my understanding that the market started "softening" last year ... increasing volume for sale and deceasing prices.

2 units sold in this community last year for $242K and $285K.

17 units are currently on the market and are listed for a range of $380K to $540K.

So that's an increase of between 57% and 123% from 11/22/05 ... 8 months later in a down market.

What the heck am I missing?:idontno: (Shelley, please don't tell me that it's because the higher priced units have granite counter tops)

Here's the disconnect: An increase in "ASKING" prices is meaningless---that's why there are 17 units rotting on the vine.

My '65 Rambler Wagon has an "asking" price of $50,000--I'm planning on pimping it out with a granite dashboard....so I guess the market for '65 Ramblers is hot...no?? (P.S. I've had no offers since I put it on the market--wonder what's up with that? :idontno: )
 
245k and 285k
were pre-construction prices,
in the mean time recent sales from public records are as follows:

375k unit #114 01-31-06
375k unit #116 01-31-06
385k unit #144 04-20-06

these prices will be used as comps for the next sale..........
I hope this answers your question.

joho
 
cork..............

The two sales you are using closed last year.
Unit #107 contract date 2-28 05 closed date 12-26-05 $495k
Unit #156 contract date 3-29-05 closed date 12-28-05 $495k

That was back at the "top of the curve"

The most recent sales is where the market is at this time..........

To answer bdc63 question:
Yes I do have my license (like everybody else)
but I also research data and work very closely with an appraisal firm in the area.

Have a great weekend cork and bdc63.........................
joho
 
It's been a month since I looked at this community in the mls, so I decide to take a look today ... not sure if anyone else on this board really cares, but I find the data quite interesting.

None of the 17 properties (about 1/2 of the community) have been removed from the mls, and one has been added at $525K. The previous price range was $379K to $539.9K, and now the range is $355.9K to $539.9. Five properties dropped prices since July 9th, as follows:

Unit old price new price
114.....$437K......$355.9K (down $81.1K or 18.5%)
116.....$437K......$355.9K (down $81.1K or 18.5%)
110.....$399.9.....$359.9 (down $40K or 10%)
143.....$379........$359.9 (down $19.1K or 5%)
149.....$450........$399.9 (down $50K or 11%)
 
bdc63 said:
It's been a month since I looked at this community in the mls, so I decide to take a look today ... not sure if anyone else on this board really cares, but I find the data quite interesting.

None of the 17 properties (about 1/2 of the community) have been removed from the mls, and one has been added at $525K. The previous price range was $379K to $539.9K, and now the range is $355.9K to $539.9. Five properties dropped prices since July 9th, as follows:

Unit old price new price
114.....$437K......$355.9K (down $81.1K or 18.5%)
116.....$437K......$355.9K (down $81.1K or 18.5%)
110.....$399.9.....$359.9 (down $40K or 10%)
143.....$379........$359.9 (down $19.1K or 5%)
149.....$450........$399.9 (down $50K or 11%)

Here's a look at it.
http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/151bungalowsofseagrove
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top