• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iphone withdrawal

New posts
Well, you've convinced me to at least consider...naw, I still don't think so, but...maybe?

Andy - my Dad ALMOST got the iphone but he just doesn't need the online stuff on a phone. So he got an IPAD and is totally loving it. He still has his computer but using the Ipad almost exclusively. Mom says if he's not golfing he's on the ipad. he loves the music, solitaire, photo stuff, youtube and I don't know what all.
 
Teresa, your dad sounds more energetic than I am:lol:
 
It is kind of nice to be a technoligical neanderthal. I have never owned one so I don't miss it. Just own an ancient cell phone which still works.

AA and his cell phone...
 

Attachments

  • old_cell_phone.jpg
    old_cell_phone.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 181
Arkiehawg, mine is not quite that ancient, but its close!
 
I'm just waiting for the "Google Glasses", this is a real gadget in the works, whereby you can live in a visually online environment, off and on, as you walk about your everyday life. It sounds both both ominous and exciting, but I really don't like the whole concept. I really don't like the idea of being chained to the technology (he said, as he tapped away on his computer for the fortieth time today...
 
Well Teresa, you saw my Samsung. I AM loving it. Can do all of the above and the big screen is a huge plus for me. I'm a fan.
 
My "ancient" phone is a very small Samsung. It has always done what I want.
 
“I can recall a time when you were out with your children you were really with them. You engaged in a back and forth dialog even if they were pre-verbal. You said, ‘Look at the bus, see the doggie, etc.’ Now I see you on the phone, pushing your kids on the swings while distracted by your devices. You think you are spending time with them but you are not present really. When I see you pick up your kids at day care while you’re on the phone, it breaks my heart. They hear your adult conversations. What do they overhear? What is the message they receive? I am not important; I am not important.”


http://www.handsfreemama.com/2012/05/07/how-to-miss-a-childhood/
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top