• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is Bill Fletcher Having Second Thoughts?

New posts
You are wrong about Bill. He is a good guy that sees the best in everyone. So don’t vote that is your choice but let’s all stop and think where you want to be 10 years from now. You want to be owned by the Kabal or have a good honest man who would never talk ugly about anyone . You make your choice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really Mark? I guess you have not seen the City Atty's LEGAL analysis of the Grand Jury findings have ya? I was spot on about all of it! Read more about it on the Defuniak City Council agenda page.
Kaydunce, you really have problems staying on the subject. This thread is about Bill Fletcher.
 
I was favoring Bill Fletcher until he became wishy-washy on defending customary use. Trey Nick has put out the most ironclad statement ever regarding customary use and his pledge to defend the public's access to the beach, no matter what. I don't hear that out of Mr. Fletcher, as of yet anyway, and the money he is getting from the usual suspects who own beachfront property makes me nervous.
 
I was favoring Bill Fletcher until he became wishy-washy on defending customary use. Trey Nick has put out the most ironclad statement ever regarding customary use and his pledge to defend the public's access to the beach, no matter what. I don't hear that out of Mr. Fletcher, as of yet anyway, and the money he is getting from the usual suspects who own beachfront property makes me nervous.
Sorry, missed where he has even had a position, where was it found?
 
I was favoring Bill Fletcher until he became wishy-washy on defending customary use. Trey Nick has put out the most ironclad statement ever regarding customary use and his pledge to defend the public's access to the beach, no matter what. I don't hear that out of Mr. Fletcher, as of yet anyway, and the money he is getting from the usual suspects who own beachfront property makes me nervous.
What other positions has Mr. Nick laid out? There are a number of Facebook posts asking him to engage and lay out his positions, and I haven’t seen anything more than on Customary Use. Based on his contributors (nearly same as Jones), will he be another rubber stamp to unbridled development like Jones/Anderson that has led to so many infrastructure and traffic issues?
 
Absolutely any politician can declare they are in favor of customary use. Especially since it’s a problem almost above their pay scale. And 4 years later they can they tried. I think Bill Fletcher is wiser than that, and pragmatic. He knows it’s a complicated problem. Exactly how many Commission meetings has Trey Nicks attended lately?
 
Absolutely any politician can declare they are in favor of customary use. Especially since it’s a problem almost above their pay scale. And 4 years later they can they tried. I think Bill Fletcher is wiser than that, and pragmatic. He knows it’s a complicated problem. Exactly how many Commission meetings has Trey Nicks attended lately?

Now that HB 631 has gone into effect, I'm hopeful the anxiety over Customary Use will prove to be overblown today. I'm also hopeful both sides will show restraint, civility and common courtesy to each other. While I'm absolutely in favor of the public's access to our beaches, I hope everyone realizes my opinion and the opinion of all the candidates will not impact the decision of the courts. I still hold out hope that both sides will consider temporarily halting legal action and try to come to a reasonable compromise and avoid years of very expensive litigation. I have to believe there are those on both sides of this complex issue that would be willing to make that effort.

Bill Fletcher
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top