• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

is cocoons bbq good? is somewhere else better?

New posts
Kimmifunn said:
Dan's Old South is what God serves in heaven. I would bathe in those beans. Good lord.

So true. So true. Mr. Seagrover loves the stuff. They don't go very often but it's Dan's everytime.
 
Kimmifunn said:
1: Start out going NORTH on GARFIELD ST toward LYDIA AVE. 0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto PLANN ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto CR-283. 0.3 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto CR-30A. <0.1 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto CR-283. 1.6 miles Map

6: Turn RIGHT onto US-98 E / FL-30 E. Continue to follow US-98 E. 18.4 miles Map

7: End at 17501 Panama City Beach Pkwy
Panama City Beach, FL 32413-2038, US Map


Here's coming from the Red Bar.

Now I have no excuse for missing it!
 
Smiling JOe said:
Sometime around the beginning of July, we are having a BBQ Rib cookoff. :wub:

Keep us in the loop on the rib cook-off :boxing: we'll show you some true MEMPHIS style ribs that will leave you :drool:ing!
 
Closer to 30A is 98 Barbecue on, imagine this, Hwy 98, in one of the 2 shopping centers on the north side between 30-A and 393. The pork sandwich (only thing I've had there) is good. Plus, the owners are generous in their support of community events. :clap_1:
 
I have to admit there is no bar-b-que better than Tennessee bar-b-que. The first time I ordered a bar-b-que sandwich after moving to Kentucky, I just about fell out of my chair. The bar-b-que was chopped so fine and it was not on a bun but on toasted bread, (mashed thin). :eek:
 
Biting my tongue to avoid affending FL natives...

Oh well, here goes anyway...

As a long-time Memphis resident who ate a whole lot of BBQ before moving here, IMHO the best BBQ the panhandle has to offer is just not up to Memphis standards. Tops, Paynes, Interstate, Leonard's, and my favorites Barbeque Shack and Central BBQ, are all better than Dan's or Cocoons. Bless them, they try, but it's not the same.

God help us, nobody outside Memphis really understands the appeal of the barbeque nachos at Autozone Park or the barbeque spaghetti and pizza some of the old-line barbeques offer. We're sick, but we love it.
 
TreeFrog said:
Biting my tongue to avoid affending FL natives...

Oh well, here goes anyway...

As a long-time Memphis resident who ate a whole lot of BBQ before moving here, IMHO the best BBQ the panhandle has to offer is just not up to Memphis standards. Tops, Paynes, Interstate, Leonard's, and my favorites Barbeque Shack and Central BBQ, are all better than Dan's or Cocoons. Bless them, they try, but it's not the same.

God help us, nobody outside Memphis really understands the appeal of the barbeque nachos at Autozone Park or the barbeque spaghetti and pizza some of the old-line barbeques offer. We're sick, but we love it.

I agree, TreeFrog! I don't even look for a BBQ place when I'm not in Memphis. Why bother? You didn't mention Three Little Pigs BBQ on White Station-that's a good one, too.

I'm going to the Redbirds game next Saturday night, and my only dinner plans are for the BBQ nachos from Rendezvous. My husband always wants to share an order, but I'm telling him, get you own!!
 
jessifunn said:
there is a bbq place in destin that is the owners of some popular one in memphis. i think it is called the commisary or something :idontno:

That's been gone. We were just posting about it.

I have never had BBQ in Memphis but I know that Florida is not the place for BBQ. Several southern states have excellent BBQ but it has always appeared that Memphis has the biggest BBQ snobs. True? Until I go I won't know. :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top