• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is Queen Bee Cupcakes open yet?

New posts
They have been open for a couple of days now. I think they open at 10 or 11am and close about 10 or 11pm.
 
This kind of reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit, "just tape" about a store in the mall that sold just tape. I hope they know what they're doing.
 
This kind of reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit, "just tape" about a store in the mall that sold just tape. I hope they know what they're doing.

Cupcakes are a pretty big business nationally. Google "cupcake store" or "cupcake shop" and you will find them in every major city.

What a great addition to Seaside and SoWal- cupcakes make normal days into special days. Who can frown while eating a cupcake?
 
Cupcakes are the "it" thing in the bigger cities. Women are using them in lieu of wedding cakes and the decorating and creativity is off the hook. These are not your out of the box cupcakes. I can't wait to have a taste!
 
Well, we finally made the stop by this afternoon. I have to tell ya that I was a bit taken aback when we saw the $3.50 each sign but I expected something proportionate to the price. It was not. Though the selection was pretty broad they are normal sized cupcakes that you would make at home. I felt that the quality was sub par to things that I have bought at Modica's and I'm not a huge Modica fan but they do have quality stuff.

We will call mulligan on this first visit and hope that our next visit will be better.
 
Last edited:
Display the cakes

I would like to see the cupcakes! Visual appeal is the main thing with a "cute" product. I bet this is especially true for kids. Always happy to see more baked goods!
 
I would like to see the cupcakes! Visual appeal is the main thing with a "cute" product. I bet this is especially true for kids. Always happy to see more baked goods!


Amy, that is one of the things that we commented on. The icing was bagged on but not all over the top. Since the top of the cupcake is not very big I'd say that the icing was in the area about the size of a 50 cent piece.
 
Well, we finally made the stop by this afternoon. I have to tell ya that I was a bit taken aback when we saw the $3.50 each sign but I expected something proportionate to the price. It was not. Though the selection was pretty broad they are normal sized cupcakes that you would make at home. I felt that the quality was sub par to things that I have bought at Modica's and I'm not a huge Modica fan but they do have quality stuff.

We will call mulligan on this first visit and hope that our next visit will be better.


I didn't know you weren't a Modica fan, sorry to hear that!
Ms. Lisa does do good cupcakes and her price is right but she can't do them everyday. The price did take me back a little but I was given a locals discount that helped soften the blow. I wish I could tell you about the quality but Nevaeh and Kaylee didn't share! I do think they were small for the price and I would like to see a sample of the cup cake myself but then I know from Modica that eye appeal is a big part of taste.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top