• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is something on fire in our area again?

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Is the wood smoke which I am smelling outside right now blowing over from the fires in Eastern FL or is something burning locally? I can tell that the winds have changed this afternoon because the air is cool outside. I am guessing that this smoke is coming from fires very distant to us. Anyone else know differently?
 
Is the wood smoke which I am smelling outside right now blowing over from the fires in Eastern FL or is something burning locally? I can tell that the winds have changed this afternoon because the air is cool outside. I am guessing that this smoke is coming from fires very distant to us. Anyone else know differently?


pinch poke you owe me a coke-- see the fire thread
 
pinch poke you owe me a coke-- see the fire thread
Jinx again. I already got you in the other thread.

I am guessing the cooler wind is coming out of the north, and maybe what we are smelling is the big ashtray of 1000 burned acres from the Freeport fire.
 
Jinx again. I already got you in the other thread.

I am guessing the cooler wind is coming out of the north, and maybe what we are smelling is the big ashtray of 1000 burned acres from the Freeport fire.

Beach -Silica whatever says I won the the punch bug.:floor:

Seriously, I just drove home, had the windows down, and it was strong and hanging on the road. My eyes are burning.
 
I cooked a steak tonight after reading the thread about where to get good meat ;-) Could that be it...:idontno:
 
Beach -Silica whatever says I won the the punch bug.:floor:

Seriously, I just drove home, had the windows down, and it was strong and hanging on the road. My eyes are burning.

That's beach quartz missy....
 
One more thing- how can we find out for sure where the smoke is coming from? I'm scared to go to bed.:eek: I hate bugging the fire department!
 
One more thing- how can we find out for sure where the smoke is coming from? I'm scared to go to bed.:eek: I hate bugging the fire department!

Go outside and lick your thumb, if the wind is blowing your way, your SOL, if not your ok. But then again you live in a concretre block house.

Sincerly,

Your neighborhood Smartass

P.s. Ask SJ nicely and he would probably run around and check for you, or you could "make" Bdarg ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top