• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is There a Local Driving School?

New posts

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
I am having a hard time finding a driver's ed program for our 15 year year old. He had to miss the free class at the high school because he is at camp, but I would still like him to take driving lessons from a certified instructor.

I also thought a driver's ed class would get a discount on his car insurance rates, but apparently that is not the case with State Farm here.:(

Thanks!!
 
I don't know about a local driving school, but some insurance companies will give you an insurance discount for high school drivers who are on the Honor Roll. :wave:
 
I don't know about a local driving school, but some insurance companies will give you an insurance discount for high school drivers who are on the Honor Roll. :wave:

Yeah, that takes us from $2400 to $1800 a year. I was hoping for a driving school discount too- I remember friends in KY with older kids moaning about paying for driver's school, but it did save them lots of money on the insurance premiums.
 
The closest "driving schools" which I know of are in Ft Walton, and I think they focus on people who received tickets for excessive speeding. One can opt to take the class in order to reduce the number of points hitting their driving record. One can also take such classes online from "accredited" driving schools.
 
tell him that you will pay for his car if he buys the insurance, or get him an old beater truck, and make him buy the gas.
 
Have you called Toonces? :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top