Beachmom
Beach Fanatic
True, but often times, nature takes years to change what man changes in a matter of minutes.
Very true

True, but often times, nature takes years to change what man changes in a matter of minutes.

and vice versaTrue, but often times, nature takes years to change what man changes in a matter of minutes.
The opening of the lakes is absolutely illegal.....Although it has long been an accepted practice by old-timers the County is beginning to take this issue more seriously. Last I heard, the County is creating signs to be placed near the outlets that will educate the public on this issue. They also have the ability to levy fines of (I believe) $5000. They will probably not sanction any fines if the lake is a few feet away from the Gulf, but they want to stop human manipulation of the lakes similar to the situation you are discussing.....During our public meetings, management of the outlets was the number one public concern.....www.dunelakes.org
Just pull out your belt and start whipping the person responsible.Personally, I wouldn't call 50 yards "a few feet".
So who is the proper authority to call? Sheriff's Dept or ?
Report it to Anthony Austermann 267-1955, as CBA Phillip mentioned. You don't have to give your name. You will be able to give more details than we who have not seen it.Well, they are at it again. Only this time they didn't fool around with a shovel - somebody's been out there with a backhoe. You can see the tracks where it drove out from the road on the eastern side of the lake. They've dug a honking big trench out at the beach, where the sand was piled up deep from the storm. It connects to the hand-dug trench from the lake.
Does anyone want to call this in? I don't want to get drawn into what would surely become a major neighborhood spat. I'll try to get photos and post them tomorrow.