With the exception of the State and County Parks, that is the general rule throughout SoWal. The only difference is the posted signs. Public Access is different from Public Beach. I won't go into it, but there is always a little stink brewing about the ownership of the beach. Typically in WalCo, the Gulf Front owners own to the high water mark, and other people are not supposed to stop and set up shop, so to speak, on that beach. However, the public has a right to walk on the beach, signs or no signs. ;-)Curtis said:I am relatively new to the area but is this possible? This sign is also posted to the west of Stallworth. Has anyone seen this type of sign anywhere else? I thought "Public beach" meant just that................
Curtis
Smiling JOe said:With the exception of the State and County Parks, that is the general rule throughout SoWal. The only difference is the posted signs. Public Access is different from Public Beach. I won't go into it, but there is always a little stink brewing about the ownership of the beach. Typically in WalCo, the Gulf Front owners own to the high water mark, and other people are not supposed to stop and set up shop, so to speak, on that beach. However, the public has a right to walk on the beach, signs or no signs. ;-)
So, this is nothing surprising to see.